How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Phone does not boot and does not charge

OP shashankgarg1

17th July 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. I had recently installed Cyanogenmod from CM Installer. But one day while I was flashing the stock ROM via Odin v3.09, the progress bar was stuck at factoryfs.img and later the flashing failed. On rebooting a message was displayed stating that the firmware upgrade has failed and to use Kies to solve the problem. Later the phone switched off.

After that the phone is neither booting up in recovery mode nor in normal mode. It is even not displaying the battery progress bar when charging. It also heats up drastically when it is connected to a charger or USB.

Please give me some advise on this issue so that my problem can be solved.
18th July 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #2  
bweN diorD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 765
 
1,717 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankgarg1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100. I had recently installed Cyanogenmod from CM Installer. But one day while I was flashing the stock ROM via Odin v3.09, the progress bar was stuck at factoryfs.img and later the flashing failed. On rebooting a message was displayed stating that the firmware upgrade has failed and to use Kies to solve the problem. Later the phone switched off.

After that the phone is neither booting up in recovery mode nor in normal mode. It is even not displaying the battery progress bar when charging. It also heats up drastically when it is connected to a charger or USB.

Please give me some advise on this issue so that my problem can be solved.

if the phone will not power on at all and will not go into download mode so you can try the stock again, unfortunately your phone is finished.
18th July 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD

if the phone will not power on at all and will not go into download mode so you can try the stock again, unfortunately your phone is finished.

My phone heats up when connected to a power supply which means that it is not hard bricked. So there may be a possibility of a revival. Can you help me with it?
18th July 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 35
 
249 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Try connection your phone on pc and check odin for any sign of connection!! also try if any connection Sound comes from pc

let your phone charge for about 2 hours (if there is a battery drain believe me there can be)
and then connect with pc!! if there is any sign of life!! try odin

18th July 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkardua

Try connection your phone on pc and check odin for any sign of connection!! also try if any connection Sound comes from pc

let your phone charge for about 2 hours (if there is a battery drain believe me there can be)
and then connect with pc!! if there is any sign of life!! try odin

I tried this method but it did not help. The phone did not start. Is there any other method?
18th July 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Radviliškis
Thanks Meter: 3
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankgarg1

I tried this method but it did not help. The phone did not start. Is there any other method?

Try Kies if not successful reply
19th July 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimazs

Try Kies if not successful reply

No, kies was not helpful. The phone is not detected by the computer.
19th July 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Radviliškis
Thanks Meter: 3
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankgarg1

No, kies was not helpful. The phone is not detected by the computer.

Do you have warranty?
20th July 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimazs

Do you have warranty?

No, my phone's warranty expired in May 2014. Is there any method to bring my phone back to life?
20th July 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #10  
Member
Flag Radviliškis
Thanks Meter: 3
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashankgarg1

No, my phone's warranty expired in May 2014. Is there any method to bring my phone back to life?


We'll figure it out don't worry then

Did you did everything good while flashing and can you provide me with the thread you used or a video

And can you boot to recovery?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes