FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] My phone's lock screen wont lock

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By krupat31, Junior Member on 5th July 2014, 04:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My galaxy s4 lock screen wont lock, the button works because i can shut it down and i tried a factory reset but that didnt work. Even the screen timeout wont work and its on 15 seconds. If anyone has any ideas that could fix this issue please comment!
 
 
5th July 2014, 12:33 PM |#2  
Paget96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 6,615
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupat31

My galaxy s4 lock screen wont lock, the button works because i can shut it down and i tried a factory reset but that didnt work. Even the screen timeout wont work and its on 15 seconds. If anyone has any ideas that could fix this issue please comment!

you rooted?
5th July 2014, 03:39 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
It was rooted when the problem started but i unrooted it from the supersu app and the root checker app said that it was not rooted but the lock screen still wouldnt lock.
5th July 2014, 03:46 PM |#4  
Paget96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 6,615
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupat31

It was rooted when the problem started but i unrooted it from the supersu app and the root checker app said that it was not rooted but the lock screen still wouldnt lock.

why you dont try to root again,install CWM or TWRP recovery,and flash custom ROM
5th July 2014, 03:52 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

why you dont try to root again,install CWM or TWRP recovery,and flash custom ROM

Yeah i will try that and let you know how it went, thanks.
5th July 2014, 04:10 PM |#6  
Paget96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 6,615
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupat31

Yeah i will try that and let you know how it went, thanks.

ok
5th July 2014, 04:32 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

ok

By flashing a custom rom you mean using odin again right?
5th July 2014, 04:56 PM |#8  
Paget96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 6,615
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupat31

By flashing a custom rom you mean using odin again right?

This is for official ROMS, stock..
for flashing custom you need CWM or TWRP recovery
5th July 2014, 05:28 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paget96

This is for official ROMS, stock..
for flashing custom you need CWM or TWRP recovery

Okay so i rooted and have cwm what do i do next?
5th July 2014, 05:45 PM |#10  
Paget96's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Krusevac
Thanks Meter: 6,615
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupat31

Okay so i rooted and have cwm what do i do next?

next go to android development thread for your devce, chose rom
and you have everything
all steps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes