No registration required

[Q] Platform.xml - Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7580

OP EireAsh

8th August 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,
Apologies if in wrong section, but I have a query about updating the platform.xml file on my Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7580
to allow rw access to the external sd card.

I have rooted the phone and mounted the file system, via Mount /system (rw/ro) app. (check root and Titanium backup confirm it as rooted)

I can navigate to and update/save the platform.xml file, however whenever I restart the phone the file reverts to its original and my changed are lost.
Before restarting I was able to create a new folder etc on the sxt sd card, but again after restarting the folder seemed to be gone too!

Is there anything I am doing wrong, or additional steps I am missing out on?

Any help is much appreciated
11th August 2014, 09:47 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Update .... turns out its the microSD card that is the problem. Cant seen to write or delete from it even though its not read only.
Got a new card and hey presto, worked fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireAsh

Hi,
Apologies if in wrong section, but I have a query about updating the platform.xml file on my Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7580
to allow rw access to the external sd card.

I have rooted the phone and mounted the file system, via Mount /system (rw/ro) app. (check root and Titanium backup confirm it as rooted)

I can navigate to and update/save the platform.xml file, however whenever I restart the phone the file reverts to its original and my changed are lost.
Before restarting I was able to create a new folder etc on the sxt sd card, but again after restarting the folder seemed to be gone too!

Is there anything I am doing wrong, or additional steps I am missing out on?

Any help is much appreciated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread