FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Please help me decide

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dolphin48, Junior Member on 28th April 2015, 10:01 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
I wanted to get the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge as it has the best camera, and the best display and the best processor and an amazing form factor that appealed to me, but I noticed no Cyanogenmod 12 roms are available for the Note edge, but there is cm12 roms for the Note 4. Does this mean the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge will not have custom rom support as well? The g4 is coming out today, and though it will most probably beat the s6 in camera performance, the other features would give the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge an edge over the G4. Please help me decide whether to buy the s6 edge( which I will definitely go for if custom roms are developed for it) or the G4(which is comparable to the s6, but doesnt appeal to me as the s6 edge). Any information is welcome.

28th April 2015, 01:00 PM |#2  
Flag St. John's
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin48

I wanted to get the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge as it has the best camera, and the best display and the best processor and an amazing form factor that appealed to me, but I noticed no Cyanogenmod 12 roms are available for the Note edge, but there is cm12 roms for the Note 4. Does this mean the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge will not have custom rom support as well? The g4 is coming out today, and though it will most probably beat the s6 in camera performance, the other features would give the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge an edge over the G4. Please help me decide whether to buy the s6 edge( which I will definitely go for if custom roms are developed for it) or the G4(which is comparable to the s6, but doesnt appeal to me as the s6 edge). Any information is welcome.

Well generally it takes a while for ROMs to come out for a device and since the S6 edge is a newer phone there won't be any ROMs available for it. Now there most likely will be ROMs for it in the future but you never no for certain. So I would get the S6 edge if you think it would be better for you. Though the G4 would probley be a good choice as well though there isn't much info on it as of yet.
28th April 2015, 02:22 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Bunny

Well generally it takes a while for ROMs to come out for a device and since the S6 edge is a newer phone there won't be any ROMs available for it. Now there most likely will be ROMs for it in the future but you never no for certain. So I would get the S6 edge if you think it would be better for you. Though the G4 would probley be a good choice as well though there isn't much info on it as of yet.

I didn't expect to find ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge yet as it is a very new device. However, I was a bit skeptical about whether the edge functionality would prevent or discourage developers to make custom ROMs, so I looked up if they had a cm12 ROM for the Note Edge, which was released around 6 months back. I was disappointed to find none whatsoever available. Now this is making me confused about whether the edge in Samsung Galaxy s6 edge would prevent developers to do the same. I'd have to go for the Galaxy s6 or the g4 if they don't develop Roms for the edge version.
28th April 2015, 03:39 PM |#4  
Flag St. John's
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin48

I didn't expect to find ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge yet as it is a very new device. However, I was a bit skeptical about whether the edge functionality would prevent or discourage developers to make custom ROMs, so I looked up if they had a cm12 ROM for the Note Edge, which was released around 6 months back. I was disappointed to find none whatsoever available. Now this is making me confused about whether the edge in Samsung Galaxy s6 edge would prevent developers to do the same. I'd have to go for the Galaxy s6 or the g4 if they don't develop Roms for the edge version.

Well if that's the case I would go with the G4 because it would surely be a good phone.
28th April 2015, 10:44 PM |#5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 4,170

Donate to Me
More
Please use the stickies at the top of the forum

thread closed
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread