Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] please help, I'm sure this is an easy fix

Tip us?

minimalistguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] please help, I'm sure this is an easy fix

Hi, I'm new to rooting and I recently rooted my optimus l70. I know it's not that great of a phone but it's what I have to work with right now. I simply want to customize everything so I used the towel root method, installed supersu, xposed, and gravity box. Gravity box will do simple things like change the icons on my status bar but not things like change the status bar itself or the lockscreen.

I was hoping someone could help me with this and in doing so give me a crash course.

Thanks in advance for helping.

andreiav
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalistguy View Post
Hi, I'm new to rooting and I recently rooted my optimus l70. I know it's not that great of a phone but it's what I have to work with right now. I simply want to customize everything so I used the towel root method, installed supersu, xposed, and gravity box. Gravity box will do simple things like change the icons on my status bar but not things like change the status bar itself or the lockscreen.

I was hoping someone could help me with this and in doing so give me a crash course.

Thanks in advance for helping.
GravityBox is designed for Stock Android.
For other roms..like TouchWiz roms or HTC Sense roms and so on, some features will work, some won't.
Here is the official thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...droid-t2316070

But this is the most important line:

- Samsung Touchwiz, HTC Sense, MIUI, LeWa, etc. are NOT supported. It is not guaranteed this module will work on these at all so try at your own risk. This module is simply too complex to support all kind of ROM brands that were vastly modified by vendors.

minimalistguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Awh that sucks thanks for the info!

roshansanasam
Old
Thanks Meter 0
for changing the complete look of the statusbar, we can go to the playstore n see those apps like statusbar+ n all....
so requires root n others dont...
it will change ur statusbar itself n compatibility issues r also less but they may be stable or not....
for.me gravity box is tha best...
n sorry it doesnt support much of many roms....