Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 35,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Privacy solution with on demand internet and autostart blocking?

Tip us?

k8500
Old
(Last edited by k8500; 19th August 2014 at 03:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Default [Q] Privacy solution with on demand internet and autostart blocking?

I have been using CM11s own Privacy Guard for quite some time to block access to personal data, but I'm growing increasingly unhappy with it, as it doesn't contain anything to block internet or prevent autostarts specifically for an app. It also doesn't look like this is being worked on. So, I tried XPrivacy, but this doesn't block internet reliably (as the author himself told me) and preventing autostarts is beyond the scope of it. So, still unhappy.

I know about solutions like AFWall+ (for blocking internet access) and Rom Toolbox Pro for disabling autostart listeners, but that's not what I'm searching for. I'm searching for something that gives me a prompt, asking for permission, right when an app tries to access the internet or tries to autostart - the same way as Privacy Guard and XPrivacy do for the stuff they are made for. Additionally, preventing access to the unique ID (ie. giving false data) would be a plus, as I'd like to achieve complete privacy with as few different apps as possible.

Any ideas?
Absolutely no development/CFW related support via PM - always ask in thread!
My CFWs: liteRemix XXLG1 v4.2 (WAVE1&WAVE2) || China liteRemix ZCLC2 v4.2 (WAVE1&WAVE2)

k8500
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 235
Oh well... this got moved to General discussion, although it is Android specific. Anyone got any recommendations?
Absolutely no development/CFW related support via PM - always ask in thread!
My CFWs: liteRemix XXLG1 v4.2 (WAVE1&WAVE2) || China liteRemix ZCLC2 v4.2 (WAVE1&WAVE2)