[Q] Probs w/BU on Safestrap 3.65

20th August 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

83 posts
I have a vzw Galaxy S4, rooted, & running OS4.22, on HyperDrive 10.2 rom & build MI1

Recently, for no reason I can figure, my most recent nand backups done in HashCode's SafeStrap & the specialized version of TWRP recovery geared towards SafeStrap & my phone have mysteriously gone missing & I can not create any more nand backups.

Oddly enough, I _can_ restore some older nand backups I saved on my desktop & copied to my ext SDHC 64Gb Sandisk card.

Backup does not work on either the Safe side or the Stock side, but on Safe side Restore does work - haven't tried to restore on the Stock side…

However, upon trying to back up, the script that runs the backup log says that partition info is being checked & the screen goes black & sometimes returns into the main SafeStrap screen.

There is a msg when I tap on the log button on the bottom middle & it shows something about a checking of the partition & the backup script starting & then a blank line & it says that the script ended.

It seems that it is an issue of the backup script becoming corrupted & I would love to be able to just run / install a patch or something rather than having to lose the extensive setup I have on the safe side… I have >300 apps & customized settings in Xposed & don't want to lose everything if I don't have to…

My apps & data are backed up by Titanium Backup; but the Samsung lockscreen configuration, along with Xposed configs & other stuff would be tedious & very time consuming to have to restore.

If anyone is wondering why I haven't upgraded to newer versions of the OS - it is for the same reasons I just mentioned- along w/the newer OS security that makes rooting & even more, custom roms & developement harder to use & the KitKat SD card / file system access upgrade(?) makes it unappealing; so any help would be most appreciated. TIA oldwolf
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
safestrap 3.65, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread