Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I purchased a Sprint Galaxy S3 off of eBay and...

OP Gurren Lagann

30th August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

168 posts
I purchased a Sprint Galaxy S3 off of eBay and I found out that the phone was still active.

I wanted to use the phone with Ting but I can’t because the previous owner did not deactivate this phone. I tried porting the phone number to Ting but I can’t because I need his account number and password from Sprint. I can’t get a new number because the device is currently active. I have tried contacting Sprint several times to get them to deactivate the phone and they refused every single time.

I have tried contacting the previous owner (his email address is in the phone) but my emails always return errors. So, his email address is currently in active. I really like this phone and I don’t want to give it up. I got this phone on August 6 and I was waiting for Sprint to deactivate it on the 25th (this information is in the phone) but instead of deactivating the phone, it is now showing current service from August 26 through September 25….

Why didn’t they deactivate this phone? Surely he isn’t still paying for it… He doesn’t even have the phone. Is there anyway to deactivate this phone? Is there anyway to force deactivation?
Last edited by Gurren Lagann; 30th August 2014 at 03:30 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread