No registration required

[Q} My Gmail Sync Screws up every other week now

OP gabriolinari

7th August 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

182 posts
hi

it has been a while now, my Google Account is screwing up the sync to my Samsung Sgs2 every 2 weeks or so, I used to remove and put back the Google account and that fixed it. now that doesn't work anymore.

unless I click on "sync" is not doing anything so basically not "pushing" emails anymore....

is there something that could fix it? ive reinstalled gmail, etc etc. nothing helped... I am assuming I should reinstall the OS?

many thanks
gabrio
7th August 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

13 posts
Hi,

Before reinstalling the OS itself, and even if clearing google framework data is not really recommended, you can apply this workaround:

Quote:

Workaround:
I force-stopped, cleared data on "Google Services Framework", Gmail app, and Play Store. Rebooted the device. Open Play Store, Agree to the terms. Open Gmail, let it do its "first time setup" (takes about 2 minutes).

source: take a look in google with keywords "Working workaround for Gmail Auto Sync Issues after 4.8+ updates"

Hope it helps
P.
The Following User Says Thank You to pfloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

182 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloc

Hi,

Before reinstalling the OS itself, and even if clearing google framework data is not really recommended, you can apply this workaround:

source: take a look in google with keywords "Working workaround for Gmail Auto Sync Issues after 4.8+ updates"

Hope it helps
P.

as usual, XDA delivers, I have done the steps you mentioned and my Sync is up and running again. Let's see if it holds from now on.

Thanks so much
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread