FORUMS

[Q} My Gmail Sync Screws up every other week now

198 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By gabriolinari, Senior Member on 7th August 2014, 12:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi

it has been a while now, my Google Account is screwing up the sync to my Samsung Sgs2 every 2 weeks or so, I used to remove and put back the Google account and that fixed it. now that doesn't work anymore.

unless I click on "sync" is not doing anything so basically not "pushing" emails anymore....

is there something that could fix it? ive reinstalled gmail, etc etc. nothing helped... I am assuming I should reinstall the OS?

many thanks
gabrio

7th August 2014, 10:03 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,

Before reinstalling the OS itself, and even if clearing google framework data is not really recommended, you can apply this workaround:

Quote:

Workaround:
I force-stopped, cleared data on "Google Services Framework", Gmail app, and Play Store. Rebooted the device. Open Play Store, Agree to the terms. Open Gmail, let it do its "first time setup" (takes about 2 minutes).

source: take a look in google with keywords "Working workaround for Gmail Auto Sync Issues after 4.8+ updates"

Hope it helps
P.
The Following User Says Thank You to pfloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 09:26 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfloc

Hi,

Before reinstalling the OS itself, and even if clearing google framework data is not really recommended, you can apply this workaround:

source: take a look in google with keywords "Working workaround for Gmail Auto Sync Issues after 4.8+ updates"

Hope it helps
P.

as usual, XDA delivers, I have done the steps you mentioned and my Sync is up and running again. Let's see if it holds from now on.

Thanks so much
8th May 2015, 10:21 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
hi

something bad must have happened last night / this morning. I had again the sync problem, gmail not download any email or sending anything out from my mobile.

I did again

Workaround:
I force-stopped, cleared data on "Google Services Framework", Gmail app, and Play Store. Rebooted the device. Open Play Store, Agree to the terms. Open Gmail, let it do its "first time setup" (takes about 2 minutes).

But this time when you open Google Play it's saying "check your connection and try again", grey screen, nothing happening, I tried empty cache as well. I can swipe from the left side and I see my email there with "redeem, settings and help & feedback" but nothing loads. I updated manually to very latest GPS apk.

opened Gmail and it's still syncing, nothing happens.

any ideas? seriously upset that they keep changing things!
thanks
8th May 2015, 02:50 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
after some fiddling around, I have removed gmail, reinstalled (I like an old version), nada, so then I went and removed the Google Account as I thought, well why not? that did the trick, Gmail started working again and after a bit of clicks I got the Google Play working again. Now calendar sync is screwing up a bit lol.....never working at once!

Earlier I did try to delete the hosts file in ETC as someone suggested but that didn't help.

thought to add my 2 cents.
Gab
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread