Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thread search does not work

Tip us?

ScroogeMcDrank
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Thread search does not work

Hi,

Does anybody know why is the thread search feature of the forum does not work? Whenever I try to search in a thread, I always get empty results, no matter what I search for.

thank you.

Sentinel7e
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having the same problem, and unfortunately, I can't search for a solution to the search issue.

siMp0lMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScroogeMcDrank View Post
Hi,

Does anybody know why is the thread search feature of the forum does not work? Whenever I try to search in a thread, I always get empty results, no matter what I search for.

thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel7e View Post
I am having the same problem, and unfortunately, I can't search for a solution to the search issue.
if your using mobile, i think search feature is available on the premium version of xda app.,

Sentinel7e
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nope, not using mobile.

I actually think it may be tied to the 10 post minimum rule, that prohibits new people from posting in Development forums until they have reached 10 posts. Strange that it would also prevent newbies from searching development threads as well. Kind of catch 22.

siMp0lMaN
Old
Thanks Meter 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel7e View Post
Nope, not using mobile.

I actually think it may be tied to the 10 post minimum rule, that prohibits new people from posting in Development forums until they have reached 10 posts. Strange that it would also prevent newbies from searching development threads as well. Kind of catch 22.
oh i see., not really sure but you might want to read this to get started
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1699450

Sentinel7e
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It only appears to be certain threads that the search feature doesn't work on. For example, no matter what term I search for, I always get zero hits on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2705292

Any ideas? Thanks!