No registration required

[Q] Question related to custom ROM!

OP deda994

25th August 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
What things do I need to consider b4 flashing a cutom rom on my mtk6572.Can i flash a rom for mtk6577 4 example
25th August 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 27

145 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deda994

What things do I need to consider b4 flashing a cutom rom on my mtk6572.Can i flash a rom for mtk6577 4 example

Interesting Question. I don't know exact answer but will try to add little information i collected.

I think, for two phones with the same MTK6572 chip 'maybe' but it's generally not advisable unless you know everything's the same. like chips and sensors, partition layout, bootloader specs, etc. otherwise there could be chances to damage/brick your device. Even when you know what you're doing the chance of bricking is high when messing around with partition tables and bootloaders.

Flashing MTK6572 on MTK6577, probably won't work or maybe in some case. I think one needs to be an expert in such case. otherwise, i believe will end in bricking device or with some other bigger issue.

I don't suggest flashing Custom ROM of MTK6577 on MTK6572 or MTK6572 on same MTK6572 of different phone. unless you know what you are doing. one need to have developers knowledge/information i think.

anyway, i could be wrong. better wait for others reply. search forum, internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajnabicancer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Mhm,ok,thanks !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread