5,814,863 Members 48,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question related to custom ROM!

Tip us?

deda994
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Question related to custom ROM!

What things do I need to consider b4 flashing a cutom rom on my mtk6572.Can i flash a rom for mtk6577 4 example

ajnabicancer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by deda994 View Post
What things do I need to consider b4 flashing a cutom rom on my mtk6572.Can i flash a rom for mtk6577 4 example
Interesting Question. I don't know exact answer but will try to add little information i collected.

I think, for two phones with the same MTK6572 chip 'maybe' but it's generally not advisable unless you know everything's the same. like chips and sensors, partition layout, bootloader specs, etc. otherwise there could be chances to damage/brick your device. Even when you know what you're doing the chance of bricking is high when messing around with partition tables and bootloaders.

Flashing MTK6572 on MTK6577, probably won't work or maybe in some case. I think one needs to be an expert in such case. otherwise, i believe will end in bricking device or with some other bigger issue.

I don't suggest flashing Custom ROM of MTK6577 on MTK6572 or MTK6572 on same MTK6572 of different phone. unless you know what you are doing. one need to have developers knowledge/information i think.

anyway, i could be wrong. better wait for others reply. search forum, internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajnabicancer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deda994
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Mhm,ok,thanks !