Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

[Q] Returning rooted and s-off phone to Verizon?

OP TylerG3

21st July 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys
21st July 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 219

806 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerG3

Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys

Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.

Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .
21st July 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tucson, AZ

806 posts
More
Quote:

Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .

From what I can gather, both use a micro SIM. You shouldn't have any problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

From what I can gather, both use a micro SIM. You shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks for all the help! I'm not positive, but i think the M8 uses a nano sim, while the G3 uses a micro, which is bigger.
22nd July 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #6  
Flag Tucson, AZ

806 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for all the help! I'm not positive, but i think the M8 uses a nano sim, while the G3 uses a micro, which is bigger.

I think you're right. The M7 uses a micro SIM, but google searches say the M8 uses a nano SIM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread