Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,149 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Returning rooted and s-off phone to Verizon?

Tip us?

TylerG3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Returning rooted and s-off phone to Verizon?

Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerG3 View Post
Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys
Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.
Relax, go nutz!
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TylerG3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.
Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .
From what I can gather, both use a micro SIM. You shouldn't have any problems.
Relax, go nutz!
The Following User Says Thank You to Planterz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TylerG3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
From what I can gather, both use a micro SIM. You shouldn't have any problems.
Thanks for all the help! I'm not positive, but i think the M8 uses a nano sim, while the G3 uses a micro, which is bigger.

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Thanks for all the help! I'm not positive, but i think the M8 uses a nano sim, while the G3 uses a micro, which is bigger.
I think you're right. The M7 uses a micro SIM, but google searches say the M8 uses a nano SIM.
Relax, go nutz!