Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question How to show recent apps with swiping bottom->up in kitkat?

OP Nafiganado

28th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 8

132 posts
More
To see the list of recently called (active) apps - I have to long-press "Menu" button, which is not very comfortable. How to make it work with swiping on screen upward? Are there any configuration settings for that in kitkat?
28th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag Veneto
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafiganado

To see the list of recently called (active) apps - I have to long-press "Menu" button, which is not very comfortable. How to make it work with swiping on screen upward? Are there any configuration settings for that in kitkat?

If you are rooted you can try with xposed framework and gravity box or some other modules that allow you to change your navbar settings or your hard keys configuration.
29th July 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmettbrownson

If you are rooted you can try with xposed framework and gravity box or some other modules that allow you to change your navbar settings or your hard keys configuration.

I do have root, but xposed - or rather its modules, but it's almost the same - does not work at my phone (Alcatel Idol X+).
29th July 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77

174 posts
More
Quote:

I do have root, but xposed - or rather its modules, but it's almost the same - does not work at my phone (Alcatel Idol X+).

You can have this gesture, but not while using an app. That's because this would interfere with scrolling or possible app gestures.

I have the exact gesture set to open recent apps with Nova Launcher.
Install Nova launcher, go to Nova settings, gestures and buttons and set the swipe up gesture to open Recent Apps.
This will work when you are on one of your home screens, but not in apps, like I said.

Hope this helps.
Cheers
29th July 2014, 10:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav

You can have this gesture, but not while using an app. That's because this would interfere with scrolling or possible app gestures.

I have the exact gesture set to open recent apps with Nova Launcher.
Install Nova launcher, go to Nova settings, gestures and buttons and set the swipe up gesture to open Recent Apps.
This will work when you are on one of your home screens, but not in apps, like I said.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Hi, thanks. The matter is that I use the launcher, which I don't wish to change. I've been using it for a while and I find it the most suitable for me. It's Launcher Pro. Mostly because it allows to make a bottom bar of shortcuts scrollable, fitting there more than 4-5 icons. Also it's quite fast and does not drain battery.
29th July 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bucharest

174 posts
More
Quote:

Hi, thanks. The matter is that I use the launcher, which I don't wish to change. I've been using it for a while and I find it the most suitable for me. It's Launcher Pro. Mostly because it allows to make a bottom bar of shortcuts scrollable, fitting there more than 4-5 icons. Also it's quite fast and does not drain battery.

Nova launcher does this as well. It's incredibly light and fast. Very customizable. Give it a shot. You might like it.
It's considered by many the best android launcher.
I have the paid version and nova launcher is always my first installed app after flashing any rom.

To activate the dock (bottom bar) pages, go to nova settings, dock, dock pages. You can also set the number of dock icons and a lot of other stuff actually

Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to andreiav For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

132 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreiav

Nova launcher does this as well. It's incredibly light and fast. Very customizable. Give it a shot. You might like it.
It's considered by many the best android launcher.
I have the paid version and nova launcher is always my first installed app after flashing any rom.

To activate the dock (bottom bar) pages, go to nova settings, dock, dock pages. You can also set the number of dock icons and a lot of other stuff actually

Cheers

Thanks, the launcher itself is good, but as to swiping action - it seems does not solve my problem. The swiping works if it happens on blank zone. On my Meizu firmware, when I, for instance, had some PDF opened full-screen - I could swipe from bottom of screen or side - if being in landscape orientation - and recent apps bar appeared, so I could call dictionary or encyclopaedia, whatever, and the same way back. It was fast and comfortable. Here it does not work...
13th August 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #8  
Flag Bucharest

174 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks, the launcher itself is good, but as to swiping action - it seems does not solve my problem. The swiping works if it happens on blank zone. On my Meizu firmware, when I, for instance, had some PDF opened full-screen - I could swipe from bottom of screen or side - if being in landscape orientation - and recent apps bar appeared, so I could call dictionary or encyclopaedia, whatever, and the same way back. It was fast and comfortable. Here it does not work...

Yep. Like I said, it only works from one of the home screens. Don't know what else to suggest unfortunately

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505
22nd August 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

132 posts
More
In case someone is interested, more or less normal way to do it - "All in one gesture" application. It adds a small "hot spot" zone to drag from.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread