Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 43,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Tip us?

LuvCustom1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooting a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Hello
I have a Droid Razr Maxx running Jellybean 4.1.2 from Nov 12 2013. It is really slow and it freezes a lot lately. I haven't installed any new apps since last year. I don't have any games on it and I have emptied the cache twice in the past two weeks. I want to root it so that I can do a complete backup because some of the apps i.e Fliq Notes will not backup to my laptop or SA card because their greedy and what me to subscribe to a cloud system. So I want to root it but have never done it before. Can anyone here who has successfully done it please give me some instruction or if someone knows of a repair company in Long Beach Ca who does it, please let me know. I would prefer to do it myself so that I can learn how but if I'm going to end up with a bricked phone I'll let someone else do it.
Thanks

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvCustom1 View Post
Hello
I have a Droid Razr Maxx running Jellybean 4.1.2 from Nov 12 2013. It is really slow and it freezes a lot lately. I haven't installed any new apps since last year. I don't have any games on it and I have emptied the cache twice in the past two weeks. I want to root it so that I can do a complete backup because some of the apps i.e Fliq Notes will not backup to my laptop or SA card because their greedy and what me to subscribe to a cloud system. So I want to root it but have never done it before. Can anyone here who has successfully done it please give me some instruction or if someone knows of a repair company in Long Beach Ca who does it, please let me know. I would prefer to do it myself so that I can learn how but if I'm going to end up with a bricked phone I'll let someone else do it.
Thanks
try this, it is a one click app. i don't know that it has been confirmed on a version that old, but it should be backwards compatible i would think.
there are other exploits like motochopper and motopocalypse, but you would have to look through your devices forum to try and determine which one would be relevant for your older os version.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

Planterz
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvCustom1 View Post
Hello
Thanks
As mentioned above, you could try Towelroot. If that doesn't work, this is the method I used when I had that phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDV_72mPt4k

Links for drivers and utility in the description.
Relax, go nutz!

LuvCustom1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooting the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz View Post
As mentioned above, you could try Towelroot. If that doesn't work, this is the method I used when I had that phone.

Links for drivers and utility in the description.

Hello and thank you I went ahead and rooted my phone . I am now running Cyanogenmod 11, Titanium Backup Pro and I got all the apps and data that I wanted back. Only two issues, it seems like the network reception is slower and the battery dies faster. Also in the options to overclock and underclock the phone the option to set the lowest setting is grayed out. Other than that the phone works great.
Thanks again