No registration required

Lenovo S860 RAM upgrade

OP kalkesi

4th August 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi to everyone,

I bought the S860 -1GB version, and the only major drawback that I see is the 1GB RAM. Can somebody explain whats the difference between CN and ROW versions (beside the oblivious)? Is it hardware, software, or both. What are the difference in the ROM's of the two versions? It seems VERY strange to me, that LENOVO would go for two different assemblies, only excluding the memory chip. If this is the case, than I can easily solder the missing chip.

I am noob in Android development, but I understand hardware, so if anyone have interest in investigating, I can post pics of the phone's guts and see what's what.
4th August 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 56

319 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalkesi

Hi to everyone,

I bought the S860 -1GB version, and the only major drawback that I see is the 1GB RAM. Can somebody explain whats the difference between CN and ROW versions (beside the oblivious)? Is it hardware, software, or both. What are the difference in the ROM's of the two versions? It seems VERY strange to me, that LENOVO would go for two different assemblies, only excluding the memory chip. If this is the case, than I can easily solder the missing chip.

I am noob in Android development, but I understand hardware, so if anyone have interest in investigating, I can post pics of the phone's guts and see what's what.

I wouldn't advise soldering another chip to your tablet for an extra 1GB. If it's that important buy the ROW version but as far as I can see the 1GB is the only difference.

However it's still advised not to solder the chip as the controler for the RAM may be set for 1GB not 2GB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread