FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ruined mobile hotspot (Urgent help needed)

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Benjive, Member on 25th May 2016, 10:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I am running a HTC phone and have made some mistakes. I have been trying to change my NAT type on x bone in order to play Rainbow six online with open NAT.

I tried tether to laptop then to box using a cross over cable and forwarding ports over Internet connection sharing. I also tried installing multiple port forwarder applications onto my phone and tethering directly to the XB. One app was meant for a rooted phone (port forward ultimate), which mine isn't and it would let me stop the process before uninstalling.

Unfortunately for me it didn't work and now the tethering speed is INSANELY slow. It tells me there is an MTU error (1340) and the games which used to work fine are now completely unplayable. I wish I had never done all of it just to play one game as the others worked fine.

I am really upset, because the bit of internet I get to play video game is barely keeping my alive at the moment and now its gone.

If you have any advice you would be helping a very ill man get a little bit of joy.

Thanks

26th May 2016, 01:44 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Does anyone know anywhere in the UK where I can speak to a professional about my issue. I never get responses on this forum. Any other forums where professionals dwell and give advice/help?
26th May 2016, 07:04 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Nobody has the knowledge to help at all?
28th May 2016, 03:31 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Can't bring myself to believe that no one has any knowledge of what to do in this situation.
28th May 2016, 11:06 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
I will pay for someone to help me if that's what it takes to get someone to respond here.
28th May 2016, 11:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So...If your Phone isn't rooted, you can try (if you have one) to recover all the information. If the Phone has a Guarantee, go to the shop where you buyed it. Since it isn't rooted the Guarantee is still on it. If all of that isn't an Option, the easiest way is to root the Phone (totally worth it anyway) and try an equal App. Not the same just onenwith the same function. Write back if none of these helps, and give some more Information about your mobile (S/N number Android Version...)
29th May 2016, 02:24 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkudererste

So...If your Phone isn't rooted, you can try (if you have one) to recover all the information. If the Phone has a Guarantee, go to the shop where you buyed it. Since it isn't rooted the Guarantee is still on it. If all of that isn't an Option, the easiest way is to root the Phone (totally worth it anyway) and try an equal App. Not the same just onenwith the same function. Write back if none of these helps, and give some more Information about your mobile (S/N number Android Version...)

Its nothing to do with being rooted or not, my ISP is throttling my tethering somehow and I don't know how or why they are doing it. It worked fine for months, but I tried opening my NAT. It think they are doing something with my IP, subnet mask or MTU, but I don't know how to get around it. Other than rooting and applying tether dun 0, which I would prefer not to do, I am at a loss
29th May 2016, 02:40 AM |#8  
OP Member

More
Correction, I do know why they are doing it, it's because I tried opening my NAT, which is not allowed. The latency in games has quadrupled. 4g was perfect before, now its barely playable. I want to know why this is happening. Can mobile providers throttle tethering? It still works just very badly.
29th May 2016, 11:38 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So, you live in the UK. So you think it's a problem with the provider. Wich provider is it?
29th May 2016, 08:32 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
It's either my mobile provider or the only other thing I can think of is that I dropped my phone a few weeks back.

Could dropping your phone cause the wifihotspot to work incorrectly? Surely if it was broken it would just work or not work.
I get very decent speeds on my phone but when so tether my speeds are awful, which never used to happen.

I am trying to rule out various possiblities and although I am alright at tech, I don't know much about mobiles and though there were a few knowledgeable people on this forum.
2nd June 2016, 04:57 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
I am going to see a professional. I didn't realise it was all amateurs here, my mistake.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)