Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 36,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Running Google Apps on Blackberry Android runtime

Tip us?

cobalt232
Old
(Last edited by cobalt232; 22nd August 2014 at 07:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Running Google Apps on Blackberry Android runtime

Hi!

I'm a Blackberry enthusiast and I'm doing some deep diving into the Android Runtime of Blackerry OS 10.3 devices (yes, it runs Android aswell) ;.)

Some of you may know, that the Blackberry runtime supports many Android apps, but there are some of them that don't work without modifying them. Especially Google related apps as Google Play store do not work without patching.

The main problem is, that Blackberry locked down the Android Runtime and uses a stripped down Version of com.google.android.gsf. This stripped down Version doesn't generate an Android GSF Key at first boot time. With the GSF key missing, we can not use certain apps that rely on it.

There is a way to patch this, but I'm not sure, how to handle this specific case. I have the following code in com.android.vending.apk

Code:
const-string v0, "android_id"

const-wide/16 v1, 0x0

invoke-static {v1, v2}, Ljava/lang/Long;->valueOf(J)Ljava/lang/Long;

move-result-object v1

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/google/android/finsky/config/GservicesValue;->value(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Long;)Lcom/google/android/finsky/config/GservicesValue;

move-result-object v0

sput-object v0, Lcom/google/android/finsky/api/DfeApiConfig;->androidId:Lcom/google/android/finsky/config/GservicesValue;

Question:

Let's assume that my Android GSF key is 3065a1a33a84cc in hex Format. How must the code be altered to inject my own Android GSF key into the above code sniplet.

Thanks for any help.

Blackberry fans can follow my work on crackberry (can't post the link as I'm a new user)

Maybe I should add that this is NOT about hacking any license related stuff. This is for compatibility reasons only!

cobalt232
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
No Smali cracks around to help?

cobalt232
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind, I solved it.