Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

School and Media Tablet

Tip us?

Vortaku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default School and Media Tablet

Hello Everyone,

Yes, I know the dreaded topic! I figured I would post and go search, if I find everything I will delete this!

I am about 6 classes from finishing up my Associates Degree with my GI Bill, yay for free school!

I am in school for IT and am specializing in Cisco so far. I interact with a bunch of pdf files, websites and videos for studying this. I also use ebooks for my various core classes that I can find the class books for online So i am looking for a tablet to read and study with first and foremost.

Secondly being the technology guy I am, I would love a tablet that works well with forums. I often find myself fighting with mobile forums on my phone and just can not stand it. I also love to watch/stream shows and anime. Maybe emulate a snes game here and there.

I also do not need a surface 3 pro, as i have an i7 laptop with 16gb of ram. So this tablet is strictly for the above stuff, of course there is a possibility of using it to send an email and facebook messages but thats nothing special.

A list of things I am sure I would be asked if I did not list them:
  • 10 inch tablet preferred
  • battery life important
  • expandable storage(sd card)
  • I would prefer android
  • lightweight yet sturdy and wellbuilt
  • decently fast

the above list are things i figure are important to state.

Anything I may have missed I am sorry, just ask and I will respond!

Regards,
V

Daniel120201
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I would suggest the Samsung Galaxy Tab S, or the Nexus 10 if you don't mind that much about external storage, maybe a refurbished Nexus 10 would be cheaper. Tablets with SD card slots aren't very easy to find these days.
I am Daniel Attard from Malta.

Check out my blog at: http://daniel1202.blogspot.com/

Remember that there's the "Thanks button" ^o^~
The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel120201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vortaku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel120201 View Post
I would suggest the Samsung Galaxy Tab S, or the Nexus 10 if you don't mind that much about external storage, maybe a refurbished Nexus 10 would be cheaper. Tablets with SD card slots aren't very easy to find these days.

Well any form of adding memory would work, doesnt have to be an sd card.

I will look at the galaxy tab tho, thanks