Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 39,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Always Awake (Is there no perm method other than an app?) :( for nexus 7

Tip us?

AndroidObsession
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Screen Always Awake (Is there no perm method other than an app?) :( for nexus 7

Like the title... Is there absolutely no way via a edit of some kind other than an app to keep the screen on or disable sleep untill you press the power button? :/

Is there a legitimate reason why they only gave 30min max and just did not put a disable option? super curious

frangulyan.dev
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidObsession View Post
Like the title... Is there absolutely no way via a edit of some kind other than an app to keep the screen on or disable sleep untill you press the power button? :/

Is there a legitimate reason why they only gave 30min max and just did not put a disable option? super curious
At least there is one such option in developer menu, but you need to be connected with cable (charging).

I think the only reason is battery drain. On some devices, like my galaxy s4, the available options are even more limited - I have 10 minutes maximum instead of plain android's 30 minutes.

AndroidObsession
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangulyan.dev View Post
At least there is one such option in developer menu, but you need to be connected with cable (charging).

I think the only reason is battery drain. On some devices, like my galaxy s4, the available options are even more limited - I have 10 minutes maximum instead of plain android's 30 minutes.

thats unfortunate :/ im sorry to hear that for most people it doesnt matter because most apps will keep the screen up... its just something that i noticed n it bothered me a bit. thanks for the explination lol