Ask a question

No registration required

Screen Always Awake (Is there no perm method other than an app?) :( for nexus 7

OP AndroidObsession

10th August 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Like the title... Is there absolutely no way via a edit of some kind other than an app to keep the screen on or disable sleep untill you press the power button? :/

Is there a legitimate reason why they only gave 30min max and just did not put a disable option? super curious
10th August 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ulm
Thanks Meter: 11

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidObsession

Like the title... Is there absolutely no way via a edit of some kind other than an app to keep the screen on or disable sleep untill you press the power button? :/

Is there a legitimate reason why they only gave 30min max and just did not put a disable option? super curious

At least there is one such option in developer menu, but you need to be connected with cable (charging).

I think the only reason is battery drain. On some devices, like my galaxy s4, the available options are even more limited - I have 10 minutes maximum instead of plain android's 30 minutes.
10th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangulyan.dev

At least there is one such option in developer menu, but you need to be connected with cable (charging).

I think the only reason is battery drain. On some devices, like my galaxy s4, the available options are even more limited - I have 10 minutes maximum instead of plain android's 30 minutes.

thats unfortunate :/ im sorry to hear that for most people it doesnt matter because most apps will keep the screen up... its just something that i noticed n it bothered me a bit. thanks for the explination lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread