Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Am I Being Spied Upon by the Government?

OP yahanna

20th August 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

132 posts
I got a samsung S3. At times I notice the status bar change different colors and flash weird letters. It almost looks alien like. This happens like twice a week. Could this be the government spying on me?
20th August 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahanna

I got a samsung S3. At times I notice the status bar change different colors and flash weird letters. It almost looks alien like. This happens like twice a week. Could this be the government spying on me?

I guess its not about government spying as if a government spies it does via network so it does affect the hardware or phone software.
can you post screenshot?
The Following User Says Thank You to @SidDev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
Flag Go ahead and try to find me...
Thanks Meter: 150

276 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahanna

Maybe you should wrap your Galaxy S3 in aluminum foil. That should prevent alien attacks, at least.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jasonmerc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Do you not watch the news? The government is spying on us all. Congress knows about it. The judicial branch says it is ok and the Executive just doesn't care.
22nd August 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #5  
Flag The Darkside
Thanks Meter: 559

1,031 posts
More
Its only because you rooted your device and was put in a watch list.... Government doesn't like not having control... [emoji12]
22nd August 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Placerville
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
One way to be sure you are bing watch is if you ever notice light aircraft or helicopters in your area then you can be sure the have seen you. If you look at them and they fly off then they have notice you have seen them are are trying to be inconspicuous. Never go outside without a tinfoil hat. You can hide one easily under a top hat or cowboy hat, even a bowlers hat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festrada007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
We all gonna dieeeeeeeeeee!
22nd August 2014, 08:43 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 17

66 posts
Nonsense, the only people spying on your phone is the Illuminati, They're watching us all...

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd August 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11

132 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @SidDev

I guess its not about government spying as if a government spies it does via network so it does affect the hardware or phone software.
can you post screenshot?

It flashes so fast that I got no time to take a screenshot. I wish though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmerc

Maybe you should wrap your Galaxy S3 in aluminum foil. That should prevent alien attacks, at least.

Maybe you should wrap your head in concrete. That should prevent people noticing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festrada007

One way to be sure you are bing watch is if you ever notice light aircraft or helicopters in your area then you can be sure the have seen you. If you look at them and they fly off then they have notice you have seen them are are trying to be inconspicuous. Never go outside without a tinfoil hat. You can hide one easily under a top hat or cowboy hat, even a bowlers hat.

One way to be sure youre a paranoid troll with tendencies to harm women is if you post comments like this, people like myself will reply with comments like mine. If you look at them and they dont look at you, it explaims why youre angry at them. Never try to talk to them. You'll only end up being rejected and as a result, more angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobe1976

Its only because you rooted your device and was put in a watch list.... Government doesn't like not having control... [emoji12]

My phone isn't rooted yet. Youre right about the government though.
22nd August 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
In first world countries this is an issue, yet I cannot say that this is very true for all classes of countries, namely 3rd world countries.
I am sensitive that NSA surveillance in the US does overlap the barriers of privacy and security, as the main operators are humans and not machines, yet I do not confirm this is true, this is just speculation. They can choose to cross those barriers without us even noticing them.

However in regards to being spied upon by the government, it will go as far only as you'd let them get information. I have simulated your errors by means of Network Security testing, and yes I am a Network Admin and simulate stealing information. What i can say is this, if the government uses technology by means of any frequency via Wifi, Bluetooh, GPS, etc and you have these on, then you have to be extra careful. Most tracking agencies do not leave the spying to machines, they do it themselves and can choose to go beyond stealing your "Intellectual Rights" so to speak.

I also have Hardbricked and soft-bricked devices in my simulations. But what I can is that you should be responsible for gathering facts and truths about this matter. It is foolish to speculate upon the government without knowing of the tools that they use in acquiring private information.

I hope my article has helped you, and i do wish this thread is closed as it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radigen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread