[Q] All of a sudden no USB or adb/fastboot detction

Tip us?

XenolithicYardZone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] All of a sudden no USB or adb/fastboot detction

Hi folks,
wasn't really sure where to post this thread as my phone doesn't have a separate section and since this is more of a general issue rather than one related to a specific phone model, thought I'd try my luck here.

Anyways onto the problem - was gifted a Micromax A092 a few days back. Worked fine until last night when Windows stopped detecting it. When this issue first cropped up, a few times of disconnecting & reconnecting the USB cable got the phone working again but after I plugged in another phone to transfer data and reconnected mine, the issue became permanent and continues to persist.The phone charges when connected to the wall but doesn't charge nor does it get detected when plugged into the PC.

Now when I pull the USB cable and stick it into a different port on the PC, for a second or two, the "connected in charging mode" message appears in the pull down menu and Windows detects phone memory/storage briefly before both disappear. I haven't had the opportunity to plug it into a different machine to check whether its being detected but I can assure you that the USB cable isn't the issue as every other phone in the house works with all the cables I have been using ( 3 to be precise - 2 Micromax and a Sony cable).

Another strange thing I think I should mention in the hope that it could lead to a resolution is that ever since this issue started, none of the phones are being detected by fastboot/adb and don't appear in Device Manager under Android Device as Android ADB Interface. Just two days back, I flashed an Xperia M with fastboot but now the phone doesn't show up under Android Devices, just as Sony 0104 or something. Same with a Galaxy Star Pro. I have reinstalled Android SDK, usb drivers, fastboot/adb but no dice. Opening up the command prompt in the adb/fastboot folder and typing fastboot devices doesn't list any of these phones either.

So can someone please help me in determining whether this is a software or a hardware issue? Any suggestions are welcome and truly appreciated. Thanks.

fanmile
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you updated your Windows to Windows 8.1 than have following problem:
Since Windows 8.1 MS expects a USB BOS descriptor - USB 2.0/3.0

see htthttp://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcorebl...h-code-43.aspx

There is a dirty solution which works on updated Windows 8.1 update 1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598155
Maybe you need a reboot.

XenolithicYardZone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanmile View Post
If you updated your Windows to Windows 8.1 than have following problem:
Since Windows 8.1 MS expects a USB BOS descriptor - USB 2.0/3.0

see htthttp://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcorebl...h-code-43.aspx

There is a dirty solution which works on updated Windows 8.1 update 1:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598155
Maybe you need a reboot.
Thanks for the reply

No I haven't updated Windows. Mine's a standalone Win 8.1 installation that's been running for a good few months now.

Like I said, w/o any rhyme or reason, it stopped working in the middle of the night and so did fastboot/adb. I remember typing fastboot devices and having the phone detected just prior to Windows acting up and in following time period, I don't remember installing any software or applying any Windows updates. This issue basically just came out of nowhere.

I'll take a look at the links but will it work for someone who was already using 8.1?

fanmile
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenolithicYardZone View Post
I'll take a look at the links but will it work for someone who was already using 8.1?
These work arounds are only for Windows 8.1. The MS Patch should work, if you have not the latest patches. I have the latest patches installed and I cannot install the patch. I need the dirty solution for my old samsungs galaxy models and HTC One X with cyanogenmod 11 - M8.

At the moment I have no further ideas to help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to fanmile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XenolithicYardZone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanmile View Post
These work arounds are only for Windows 8.1. The MS Patch should work, if you have not the latest patches. I have the latest patches installed and I cannot install the patch. I need the dirty solution for my old samsungs galaxy models and HTC One X with cyanogenmod 11 - M8.

At the moment I have no further ideas to help you.
No worries man....guess what? On a whim, I plugged it back in and voila...there was detection. I have no idea how it started working but I have been at it all day and something probably did the trick though I have no clue what it was which is annoying me because if this were to happen again, I would be back to square one.

Ah I see...I did download the patch you had linked to but before I could get around to installing it, this thing started working again. Anyways good to know it won't work with the latest updates as I installed the latest Windows update just this morning myself.

Although now my phone's being detected, the fastboot problem still persists. Neither my phone or any other phones I have access to are detected via fastboot. They all show up under Device Manager as Android ADB Interface but are not recognized by fastboot. Its really irritating me because only 2 days back I flashed the Xperia M on the same damn OS but no dice now. I applied the Windows update hoping it would fix this issue but no luck so far. No software installations, no Window's tweaking...nothing. Hell I haven't even rebooted the PC in the last few days until this started happening. Strange. More research....yay

If you happen to recollect or come across any other workarounds, please do let me know.

Rickydhillon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default use this driver worked for me

download these driver this is only driver fault

d-h.st/ZUh

copy link and download lenovo.zip and in device manager select android and use update driver option to install driver and its done try it works for me