Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Going to Verizon... Which phone should I get?

OP Sonick42

20th August 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Title says it all. I am switching to Verizon this week and am wondering which phone I should get. I am thinking the s5 but just want to see if there is something I am missing that they may have out that AT&T doesn't or if there is something releasing very soon worth waiting for.

Thanks!
20th August 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonick42

Title says it all. I am switching to Verizon this week and am wondering which phone I should get. I am thinking the s5 but just want to see if there is something I am missing that they may have out that AT&T doesn't or if there is something releasing very soon worth waiting for.

Thanks!

if the moto x is still there i would Grab that, im in love with mine and have always loved my motorola line (OG Droid 1/OG Droid 2/ Droid X/ Droid Razer) for performance but not (for verizon also) for the locked bootloaders and terrible time with trying to root them and such. note if you are gonna root the moto x it does not have complete root i think and will only work on 4.4.3 and under. we are currently updated to 4.4.4. the moto x is a great phone even though its specs are last years (free on a 2 year contract which i got in may) it still BLOWS AWAY Games and the performance is Great. the only bad thing i can say about it is the battery life is a little on the low side but can last you about a day or two with mild use. also for some reason i get photos from people late. other than that its a great phone, but if you are for developing and looking to root/flash roms on it please get a different carrier other than Verizon or AT&T, they lock their bootloaders.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread