53 posts
Thanks a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to megthebest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2015, 06:24 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 120

797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddney

Success! Touch screen works correctly after replacing!
We have a solution, but its a bit expensive

Why would you replace a working touch screen? This is silly. Just find the correct firmware and flash that instead. I recall Jiayu G4 had touch issues, Jiayu released a touch firmware and all went well.

Stop replacing perfectly working hardware , it's wasteful and embarrassing. Here we are all a software forum. Software solutions are the only solutions, everything else isn't even if it "solves" the problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stevethegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2015, 09:51 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 14

53 posts
Give us correct touch firmware link, and we are all happy! Don't waste time writing, give us solutions, g4 is not g2s, i also found and tried g4 firmware without success. Touch panels are different, jiayu never reply to my request. My faulty g2f return back to rhe supplier and i had full refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to megthebest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2015, 10:26 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Help
Hi . i have the same problem , i'v tried every solution in internet and it didnt work. everyone i asked, told me to install stock (original/official) rom with flash tools. but almost there is no stock rom for jiayu g2f or i cant find it. and in jiayu website no one answered my question for help !!
sorry for my bad English
5th January 2015, 12:12 PM   |  #25  

797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthebest

Give us correct touch firmware link, and we are all happy! Don't waste time writing, give us solutions, g4 is not g2s, i also found and tried g4 firmware without success. Touch panels are different, jiayu never reply to my request. My faulty g2f return back to rhe supplier and i had full refund.

I don't have to give you anything. We have to ask the manufacturer (Jiayu). When asked they gave us the touch firmware for G4. Now that G2F also has problems ask *them* to give you touch firmware and if they say no tell them you won't buy again from them. It's your product, you ought to do whatever you like with it.

It's silly to buy new screen even though the one you had was perfect (just wrong software).
5th January 2015, 12:24 PM   |  #26  

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevethegreat

It's silly to buy new screen even though the one you had was perfect (just wrong software).

I agree, but unfortunately jiayu don't give me answer to my 2 emails in one month. Now my g2f is returned back to factory, and i had refund, but next time i don't buy jiayu phone surely. Same problems with touch screen is happened to g4s and g5s owners, probably jiayu doesn't know perfectly which touch is in their smartphone... [emoji22]
6th January 2015, 11:10 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 4

4 posts
Quote:

Why would you replace a working touch screen? This is silly. Just find the correct firmware and flash that instead. I recall Jiayu G4 had touch issues, Jiayu released a touch firmware and all went well.

Stop replacing perfectly working hardware , it's wasteful and embarrassing. Here we are all a software forum. Software solutions are the only solutions, everything else isn't even if it "solves" the problem.

This is how Jiayu technical support answered me.
Quote:

"Sorry, you use inappropriate software to update, has caused the touch screen IC damage,the rom for G2F-W can't used for G2F-TD,because of the different screen.
you need to replace a new touch screen or returned to the manufacturer to solve, updating software can't solve this problem."

Stevethegreat,
You don't have the right to judge anybody, especially if you don't know the problem and situation. The hardware wasn't working perfectly, it was impossible to use the phone. Replacing screen solution was enough for me and I reached my target to make the phone usable again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to siddney For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2015, 07:20 AM   |  #28  

797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by siddney

This is how Jiayu technical support answered me.

Stevethegreat,
You don't have the right to judge anybody, especially if you don't know the problem and situation. The hardware wasn't working perfectly, it was impossible to use the phone. Replacing screen solution was enough for me and I reached my target to make the phone usable again.

Well Jiayu are lying. Software can't damage hardware, they're just too lazy to care. I had multiple devices with wrong touch firmware, all could be solved by manufacturer helping. Never buy again from Jiayu if they treat you like this and let them know that you would spread the word and see them changing their tune.

The screen was perfect and you threw it away, such a waste :/
8th January 2015, 07:27 PM   |  #29  

53 posts
Quote:

Software can't damage hardware, they're just too lazy to care/

Sorry but this is not true, for example bad firmware can cause that the component won't be recognized or reflashed. Hard brick is common after bad flash or wrong flash:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_%28electronics%29
9th January 2015, 01:55 PM   |  #30  

797 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthebest

Sorry but this is not true, for example bad firmware can cause that the component won't be recognized or reflashed. Hard brick is common after bad flash or wrong flash:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_%28electronics%29

Yes but hard brick even can be saved. I hard bricked a motherboard once by flashing the wrong bios. All I had was to find a way to install the right bios to its rom. For that I used a device which could directly access the rom.

My point is that even in hard brick situations the hardware is not damaged just out of reach using the common pathways but still *not damaged*. In G2F 's case all Jiayu had to do was to release the right touch firmware which apparently they refuse to do. I say don't buy from them again, that would teach them...

The Following User Says Thank You to Stevethegreat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread