[Q] Touchscreen lag

OP classicalpunk

21st August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint-Omer
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Hi everyone ! I'm posting this here as well as in the SP forum because I think this kind of problem isn't limited to one model or brand.

Story:
I recently got my Xperia SP's digitizer changed (apparently most phones don't like faceplants ) and when i got it back I noticed a "slight" change.

Symptom :
When I touch the screen and slide my finger there's a little lag before the move is recorded by the phone, like, I have to move my finger more than 1/2 inch away from the starting point or it consider my finger didn't move from it. (thus resulting in little jumps when sliding through menus or if you wanna draw a circle it start by drawing a straight line ) After the phone catches up however (so, as long as I keep my finger on it) it follow up well just like it has to. It's not related to the latency of the screen (as I said, after the first move and for as long as I keep my finger on the screen there's no problem) so even if it's after a hardware modification I believe it's a software related problem.

Resolution tested :
Through research I think my problem could come from a change between the dpi of the stock digitizer and the one I got in replacement, so the stock touch_slop value isn't adapted anymore. I tried to change it in my build.prop, but it mades no difference and the problem is still here. Although it doesn't mean the problem doesn't come from that (The way Android handles touch_slop has changed in the latest versions) I don't know how to fix it and I need advices. Has someone already encountered that problem ? How can I fix it ?
22nd August 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Saint-Omer
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
So, long story short : I need a way to tweak the dpi value of the digitizer that's stored somewhere on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank