Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,072 Members 46,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flytouch 8 stuck on boot after a vold.fstab modification

Tip us?

Marco.ml
Old
(Last edited by Marco.ml; 1st January 2013 at 03:17 PM.) Reason: solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Q] Flytouch 8 stuck on boot after a vold.fstab modification

Hi,
I've got a "FLYTOUCH 8 SUPERPAD Android 4.0" with 4gb of hdd (nand). (rooted)

i've tried to add a 32gb sdcard inside this tablet, and after i've putted in the internal slot, everything was ok (it was recognised as
/mnt/extsd/sdcard2), but i've wanted it to be mounted on /mnt/sdcard to install linux with "linux-complete-installer" -> 2gb wasn't enought.

I've made a backup of the /system partition using dd on the external sdcard, and i've remouned the /system in write mode and modified the vold.fstab in /system/etc.
(i've also made a backup of /data patition, but i dont know if it fully worked because i needed to run e2fsck to repair it)

I've deleted the sdcard line (commented this nand partition) and put the sdcard2 partition on /mnt/sdcard, rebooted this tablet and i'm stuck on android loading screen.

I've tried to restart in recovery mode, but the only thing that i found is a combination of (power + home), but have a weird droid picture (he is dead with a red triangle) and tried to get a menu with +, -, home etc but nothing appear.

I've got few questions:
_why this partition/modification make android crash (the 32gb card is formated as *fat partition, and was recognised with android)
_is there a way to restore the /system backup with another SD, or using adb of something else?
_where is the boot script to see if there is a way to read somenthing useful on the /system backup?

(the /system partition is on nand so i cant run a dd to restore it...)

Others info, on the /system backup, i've get a buid.prop file (i can post the whole file if needed, maybe useful or not)
ro.build.version.released=4.04 (probably the android version)
ro.product.model=BC1003
ro.build.product=crane-bc1003
ro.product.firmware=1.5rc4

Thanks a lot!

Marco.ml
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've solved this problem.

Connecting it to a computer make it boot (i've tested using DDMS on eclipse to see processes).
I've restored the old vold.fstab with adb. (mounting the rescue image)

I've changed sdcard -> the nand to extsd (on sdcard2) and sdcard2 to /mnt/sdcard with an sdcard type.

So now i've got my 32gb microsd working as internal storage.

Happy new year

dj_markito
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Tablet flytouch 8 brick

hello guys!
I would like to have help. I have a Flytouch 8, and it will not start. when I click on POWER and HOME buttons appears a red triangle with an exclamation point. somehow recover the tablet!! help!

sun4o
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys ! I have the same problem - after POWER+HOME appears droid pictures with red triangle, but without text menus . Did anyone know how to fix that ?

BryanF
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco.ml View Post

Connecting it to a computer make it boot (i've tested using DDMS on eclipse to see processes).

I've changed sdcard -> the nand to extsd (on sdcard2) and sdcard2 to /mnt/sdcard with an sdcard type.

Happy new year
Bro I almost have the same problem. My tablet is Skyworth S71 3G, I replaced the vold.fstab with the one I have downloaded somewhere. I have a backup of the original fsta. Do you think I can restore it using DDMS? I do not have a stock ROM, even searching the internet, I cannot find one. Please help.... Thanks.

b0gue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco.ml View Post

Happy new year
Hi, could you be more specific on how you changed the external sd for the internal sd? i would appreciated it too much if you paste all the vold.fstab. thanks

b0gue
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0gue View Post
Hi, could you be more specific on how you changed the external sd for the internal sd? i would appreciated it too much if you paste all the vold.fstab. thanks
finally got it

dev_mount sdcard2/mnt/extsd/sdcard2 auto....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto...

thank you

BryanF
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0gue View Post
finally got it

dev_mount sdcard2/mnt/extsd/sdcard2 auto....

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto...

thank you
I got an error "access denied" when when pushing the file thru adb. Also, the file explorer at DDMS is EMPTY. Please help, greatly appreciated.

wsurfer0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you pressed POWER + HOME and got stuck with the red triangle, you must press HOME again to display the recovery menu. Then choose the option you want with VOL +/- and confirm with POWER.

Cresil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsurfer0 View Post
If you pressed POWER + HOME and got stuck with the red triangle, you must press HOME again to display the recovery menu. Then choose the option you want with VOL +/- and confirm with POWER.
I have the same problem but it wont enter in recovery. Its stuck in the dead android with the red triangle. Any ideas?