Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 51,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]unlocking LOST/STOLEN phone

Tip us?

srety
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cloud Search [Q]unlocking LOST/STOLEN phone

Hey guys, I purchased a cellphone from somebody, and I suspect that the phone was stolen as it has been blocked from service. I'm with Spark New Zealand and I went in to their store and they told me there was nothing they could do as the phone had been locked because it was reported "lost or stolen". It's a Samsung Galaxy S5, would simply flashing a new ROM to it fix this? What options do I have

Lokke9191
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by srety View Post
Hey guys, I purchased a cellphone from somebody, and I suspect that the phone was stolen as it has been blocked from service. I'm with Spark New Zealand and I went in to their store and they told me there was nothing they could do as the phone had been locked because it was reported "lost or stolen". It's a Samsung Galaxy S5, would simply flashing a new ROM to it fix this? What options do I have
You have two options. 1-buy a phone that wasn't stolen. 2-take the back cover off by removing all the little screws. Then submerge the phone in vinegar as it will block/short out the blacklist chip without damaging the motherboard. Then reassemble, no need to wait for it to dry completely as the vinegar will evaporate quicker than water. Then power on= profit. Good luck man.