Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] upd_1 trojan

Tip us?

Name is already in use
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] upd_1 trojan

Good Morning,

i want to use a newer Android Version on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and for that i want use this tutorial: [ok, i cant post links. But in this tutorial is a link for a upd_1.zip download from this site]

If i click on the link to download the upd_1.zip i get a trojan alert from avast free antivirus. Can I assume that it is a false alarm?
(Maybe i should buy a second fullversion of eset for this notebook.)
Or will each windows antivirus programm give an alarm beacause the upd_1.zip is a non windows data?

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name is already in use View Post
Good Morning,

i want to use a newer Android Version on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and for that i want use this tutorial: [ok, i cant post links. But in this tutorial is a link for a upd_1.zip download from this site]

If i click on the link to download the upd_1.zip i get a trojan alert from avast free antivirus. Can I assume that it is a false alarm?
Or will each windows antivirus programm give an alarm beacause the upd_1.zip is a non windows data?
i dont know the answer to your queston, but i would try finding other methods. if they all give you an alert, its probably safe to assume that they are safe.
for samsung galxay ace, there is a website novafusion, http://novafusion.pl/downloads/
which has good files, i use them.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

If youre into computer games, check out tanki online!
http://tankionline.com#friend=569lJ8...yh7rTJL5dHyg7m

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Name is already in use View Post
Good Morning,

some exploits trigger as a virus, this is normal. just make sure you get the files from a good site like xda, so you don't get tricked and it is a virus for real.
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

Name is already in use
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobro View Post
i dont know the answer to your queston, but i would try finding other methods. if they all give you an alert, its probably safe to assume that they are safe.
I had previously tried that, but I could not find a download that worked, which I trust or with the correct file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
some exploits trigger as a virus, this is normal. just make sure you get the files from a good site like xda, so you don't get tricked and it is a virus for real.
Ok thanks for that information.
And for the case that there is a real trojan in the download can it only be a Windows trojan right? I supposed that a anti virus programm for windows cant find malicious software for android.