Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[URGENT] Note 2 not connecting inside.( Telus - International )

Tip us?

guycheap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [URGENT] Note 2 not connecting inside.( Telus - International )

Hello,

Recently I purchased a brand new note 2 from Best Buy Mobile who sells on behalf of Koodo Mobile. It was working just fine until I went on vacation where it's giving me a huge headache. Considering it was locked I contacted a good friend who unlocks phones, he rooted my phone ( Was extremely angry ... ) and told me he unlocked it, because of the friendship I couldn't say much, anyways, after rooting the phone stopped working inside the house. I purchased the phone in Calgary where it worked just fine and I am currently in Karachi ( Pakistan ), When I try to call someone it goes to dialing and just stays at dialing without any further updates, the phone never connects but the wierd thing is that it is getting 5 / 5 singles I am using the Mobilink carrier in PK, I've also tried Zong, Telenor, Ufone, Warid etc. and none of them work, BUT as soon as I step outside the call takes 2 seconds to connect, now I understand you may think it's a signal issue but first it's getting full signals and it tells me I am on the Mobilink service, secondly I have uncles from Saudia, America all who brought their phones and they work just fine. We have iPhone's, Blackberry's, Samsungs & Nokias inside the house all that are working just fine INSIDE & OUTSIDE.

iPhones - iPhone 5s

Blackberrys - Blackberry Torch 9800

Samsungs - Note 2, Note 3, S3, S4.

Nokia's - Nokia 225 etc.

ALL phones expect the note 2 work fine inside and outside, I've tried changing the connection method to GSM only, WCDMA only etc. The only difference I noticed was that GSM connected much faster once I stepped outside than LTE & WCDMA. I am extremely annoyed as this phone is less than a month old and was kept in storage 75% of the time, so it's basically new. I don't want to throw this phone away. My friend tells me the phone needs a hardware booster but I don't want to let him open up my phone after what he did to the software. Any suggestions on fixing this? I'm very worried as this cost me 300 dollars and I haven't even used it for a month. ANY help would be appreciated and I would not mind compensating the user who helps me fix this. Thank you very much!

guycheap
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by guycheap View Post
Hello,

Recently I purchased a brand new note 2 from Best Buy Mobile who sells on behalf of Koodo Mobile. It was working just fine until I went on vacation where it's giving me a huge headache. Considering it was locked I contacted a good friend who unlocks phones, he rooted my phone ( Was extremely angry ... ) and told me he unlocked it, because of the friendship I couldn't say much, anyways, after rooting the phone stopped working inside the house. I purchased the phone in Calgary where it worked just fine and I am currently in Karachi ( Pakistan ), When I try to call someone it goes to dialing and just stays at dialing without any further updates, the phone never connects but the wierd thing is that it is getting 5 / 5 singles I am using the Mobilink carrier in PK, I've also tried Zong, Telenor, Ufone, Warid etc. and none of them work, BUT as soon as I step outside the call takes 2 seconds to connect, now I understand you may think it's a signal issue but first it's getting full signals and it tells me I am on the Mobilink service, secondly I have uncles from Saudia, America all who brought their phones and they work just fine. We have iPhone's, Blackberry's, Samsungs & Nokias inside the house all that are working just fine INSIDE & OUTSIDE.

iPhones - iPhone 5s

Blackberrys - Blackberry Torch 9800

Samsungs - Note 2, Note 3, S3, S4.

Nokia's - Nokia 225 etc.

ALL phones expect the note 2 work fine inside and outside, I've tried changing the connection method to GSM only, WCDMA only etc. The only difference I noticed was that GSM connected much faster once I stepped outside than LTE & WCDMA. I am extremely annoyed as this phone is less than a month old and was kept in storage 75% of the time, so it's basically new. I don't want to throw this phone away. My friend tells me the phone needs a hardware booster but I don't want to let him open up my phone after what he did to the software. Any suggestions on fixing this? I'm very worried as this cost me 300 dollars and I haven't even used it for a month. ANY help would be appreciated and I would not mind compensating the user who helps me fix this. Thank you very much!
Just a bump so far no reply .