Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,902 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Urgent! Zenfone 5 T00J Unbrick (XPosed)

Tip us?

doran10
Old
(Last edited by doran10; 18th August 2014 at 01:58 PM.) Reason: Forgot to add some stuff.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Urgent! Zenfone 5 T00J Unbrick (XPosed)

Hey there!

I'm a new user who was really interested in XPosed stuff.

On my Zenfone T00J(Rooted)(stock ROM)(No custom recovery), I tried to install the XPosed Framework. I rebooted the device, and I realised it had SOFT BRICKED.

I'm a sentimental guy, so I don't wanna wipe ANYTHING. I've been googling for a solution, but nothing popped out.

I'm willing to go to any lengths to unbrick my phone.

I'm a school student, so my life is pretty busy.

Please help!

Thanks,
Doran.

hristcroixqwerty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by doran10 View Post
Hey there!

I'm a new user who was really interested in XPosed stuff.

On my Zenfone T00J(Rooted)(stock ROM)(No custom recovery), I tried to install the XPosed Framework. I rebooted the device, and I realised it had SOFT BRICKED.

I'm a sentimental guy, so I don't wanna wipe ANYTHING. I've been googling for a solution, but nothing popped out.

I'm willing to go to any lengths to unbrick my phone.

I'm a school student, so my life is pretty busy.

Please help!

Thanks,
Doran.

Just disable it. Reboot your phone then when the Asus logo appear,press the volume down, about 4 to 5 times.
If u want to install xposed..
1. Go to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
2. There create a folder, name it "conf" (without quotation mark)
3. Install adb on your computer, if you don't have adb go search on google how to install it.
4. Connect your phone on pc. Make sure you installed the right drivers for your zenfone.
4. Run CMD (command prompt). Assume you installed adb folder is on C:\ drive. Type cd C:\
5. Type following (or copy and paste)
adb devices (make sure your phone show!)
adb shell (hit Enter)
su (hit Enter, then look on your phone and touch OK)
echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)

-installation method credits to quyvinh
The Following User Says Thank You to hristcroixqwerty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

doran10
Old
(Last edited by doran10; 20th August 2014 at 04:23 PM.) Reason: Added a question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hristcroixqwerty View Post
Just disable it. Reboot your phone then when the Asus logo appear,press the volume down, about 4 to 5 times.
If u want to install xposed..
1. Go to /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer
2. There create a folder, name it "conf" (without quotation mark)
3. Install adb on your computer, if you don't have adb go search on google how to install it.
4. Connect your phone on pc. Make sure you installed the right drivers for your zenfone.
4. Run CMD (command prompt). Assume you installed adb folder is on C:\ drive. Type cd C:\
5. Type following (or copy and paste)
adb devices (make sure your phone show!)
adb shell (hit Enter)
su (hit Enter, then look on your phone and touch OK)
echo 148 > /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)
chmod 664 /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/jit_reset_offset (hit Enter)

-installation method credits to quyvinh
Thanks a bunch! SO happy right now! Really can't tell you how happy I am! Last time something like this happened to me, I got depressed. Oh yeah, to be specific, press volume down 5 times during the boot animation, and you don't need to hold down the power button(for those who also bricked their phones). You don't need to do it everytime you boot your phone. And...I assume this is only when you're bricked by XPosed?