Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] V967S baseband Unkown , no imei

Tip us?

jimennis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] V967S baseband Unkown , no imei

Hi ,

After backing up my ZTE V967S imei with mobile uncle i flashed lewa os unfortunately i have lost my imei and baseband and i cant restore the backup , im assuming this is because the efs folder was overwritten and may need to be reformatted, replacing the rom with the stock rom didn't resolve this issue . To compound issue i cant connect to pc at all, i installed all drivers and nothing . So what i think i need is a rom that will repartition the efs from the sd card or some zip file that could rewrite the baseband , any ideas would be helpful.

Kind regards

Jim

jimennis
Old
(Last edited by jimennis; 6th July 2014 at 08:54 PM.) Reason: solution found
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimennis View Post
Hi ,

After backing up my ZTE V967S imei with mobile uncle i flashed lewa os unfortunately i have lost my imei and baseband and i cant restore the backup , im assuming this is because the efs folder was overwritten and may need to be reformatted, replacing the rom with the stock rom didn't resolve this issue . To compound issue i cant connect to pc at all, i installed all drivers and nothing . So what i think i need is a rom that will repartition the efs from the sd card or some zip file that could rewrite the baseband , any ideas would be helpful.

Kind regards

Jim
I have managed to locate a spfalshtool backup of another V967S but as i said the phone will not connect to PC here is the list of files in the backup ,boot.img,EBR1,EB2,expdb,logo.bin,mbr,misc,mt6589 android scatter emmc.txt,pmt,pro info,protect f,protect s,recovery.img,rom ver2.txt,seccfg,secro.img,system.img,uboot.bin . can the be flased to phone without pc ?

Hope you can help

Hi All , i have manged to resove the issue and will post a tutorial shortly

jimennis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimennis View Post
I have managed to locate a spfalshtool backup of another V967S but as i said the phone will not connect to PC here is the list of files in the backup ,boot.img,EBR1,EB2,expdb,logo.bin,mbr,misc,mt6589 android scatter emmc.txt,pmt,pro info,protect f,protect s,recovery.img,rom ver2.txt,seccfg,secro.img,system.img,uboot.bin . can the be flased to phone without pc ?

Hope you can help

Hi All , i have manged to resove the issue and will post a tutorial shortly

OK , files needed are spflash_tool.exe , full backup and MTK usb Vcom driver .

Take out phone battery and attach to pc , i used win 7 , hold the volume down and power button and phone should appear in device manager as unknown device install the driver manually and phone will show up as MTK Port in device manager , it may disconnect and reconnect but do not worry , unplug the phone ,open spflash_tool and load the scatter file(contact me for full backup files) select all files including the preloader and choose auto format now reconnect the phone with battery in and hold down volume and power button as soon as you hear it connect hit download and it will format and flash the stock rom to the file when done just restart your phone and your imei will be back