FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo - Few Q's

415 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By Seansmit17, Senior Member on 19th August 2014, 10:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just got this phone today. Its a good little phone for the price but Id like to try some other stock 4.4 kernels if possible.

I have rooted the phone and I can get into fastboot mode but fastboot.exe just hangs at waiting for device.

I think this is a driver issue as in device manager in windows I have "Android" listed with no driver. I have downloaded fastboot and adb drivers but this has not worked.

Is there another driver I need for this to work with a Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Seansmit17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st August 2014, 05:19 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mold, North Wales, UK

Donate to Me
More
Bump anyone?
The Following User Says Thank You to Seansmit17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 08:31 PM |#3  
Flag King's Lynn
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansmit17

I just got this phone today. Its a good little phone for the price but Id like to try some other stock 4.4 kernels if possible.

I have rooted the phone and I can get into fastboot mode but fastboot.exe just hangs at waiting for device.

I think this is a driver issue as in device manager in windows I have "Android" listed with no driver. I have downloaded fastboot and adb drivers but this has not worked.

Thanks.

How did you root it?
14th September 2014, 09:30 AM |#4  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Fanatic27

How did you root it?

I did it via vroot .
24th September 2014, 04:09 PM |#5  
Flag Cluj-Napoca
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Question: how can i readd the clock & weather widget? I removed it from the homescreen and can't see it in the widget list. Only reset to factory?
2nd December 2014, 07:45 PM |#6  
Flag Nuremberg
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Depends on your phone-revision.

If it's 890N, it's more or less not possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Fanatic27

How did you root it?

If I am wrong please enlighten me!

Regards
Last edited by thor2001; 2nd December 2014 at 07:48 PM.
28th January 2015, 02:00 PM |#7  
Flag newcastle
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Tried every root app
ive tried every root option i know to root this phone 890n 4.4.4 and nothing works,cant even get it to connect to adb as it goes into fastboot mode only if you remove battery and plug usb in but it only says fastbootmode and no other options and when its like that adb cany see device, it does when phone switched on gives serial number. im stuck. Anyone had any luck yet or still no joy?
4th February 2015, 08:08 AM |#8  
Flag newcastle
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seansmit17

Thanks.

when you said you got into fastboot mode, did it just say fastboot mode or did it give you options? mine just says fastboot mode which is no good as it doesnt give options to start fastboot its because vodafone or coolpad have messed about with it that much its useless. ive just had a reply off coolpad americas as i sent email there didnt know uk address but they said there waiting for a reply from uk counterparts and then theyll sent me source code and other tools for phone.(we'll see if they do).

i thought bootloader was locked on these phones or is it because some have 4.4.4 firmware it cant be rooted as a lot with 4.4.2 firmware have confirmed root?
4th February 2015, 08:22 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mold, North Wales, UK

Donate to Me
More
I dont have this phone anymore.

I never did manage to try other kernels etc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread