Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sero 7 pro Rom broke trouble reseting

OP mongoose96

24th November 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
I have a hisense Sero 7 Pro with a stock rom rooted it is encrypted but I broke the rom with Android L buttons hack. I tried wiping it both through clock work mod and in the settings menu and it refuses to wipe. My USB port is also bad I charge it using a wireless charger so I can't flash a rom using the USB port. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to either reset the rom or flash another using clockwork mod

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
2nd December 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Bump

2nd December 2014, 01:31 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 973

2,044 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose96

I have a hisense Sero 7 Pro with a stock rom rooted it is encrypted but I broke the rom with Android L buttons hack. I tried wiping it both through clock work mod and in the settings menu and it refuses to wipe. My USB port is also bad I charge it using a wireless charger so I can't flash a rom using the USB port. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to either reset the rom or flash another using clockwork mod

You implied you have flashed a stock rooted ROM, not rooted the stock ROM. In that case, just re-flash the stock rooted ROM. No amount of wiping will fix the issue. You modified system files, and they need to be replaced/restored to what they were.

Sent from my G3, unlocked by team Codefire.
2nd December 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
I rooted my stock rom with xboxexperts root method and have clockwork mod but my USB port is bad so I can't flash a rom

2nd December 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 973

2,044 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose96

I rooted my stock rom with xboxexperts root method and have clockwork mod but my USB port is bad so I can't flash a rom

not sue what relevance your usb port has on this, on most devices custom roms are flashed in custom recovery such as cwm you have.
try yo find a stock rooted rom for your device, download directly to the device, then flash in recovery.
if your device wont boot, put the stock rooted rom on your sd card using a pc, then put back in phone and flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sero-7-pro
Previous Thread Next Thread