Sony Encouraging SmartWatch 2 Development

Mobile device companies like selling devices–it’s how they make their money and … more

Easily Toggles Your Lollipop Mobile Data Network Type

Android Lollipop is by good margin the most advanced and refinedversion of … more

Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Lenovo A516 softbricked after installing chainfire 3d?!

OP dylanex2810

21st October 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
i just recently rooted my lenovo a516 and i tried one of the root apps called Chainfire 3d.it installed and rebooted my Phone but my phone got softbricked and is in bootloop.i now know that chainfire 3d does not support android jellybean.any help unbricking my phone? I'm going to try flashing it with STOCK ROM but will it work? helppp please
21st October 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Narnia
Thanks Meter: 42

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanex2810

i just recently rooted my lenovo a516 and i tried one of the root apps called Chainfire 3d.it installed and rebooted my Phone but my phone got softbricked and is in bootloop.i now know that chainfire 3d does not support android jellybean.any help unbricking my phone? I'm going to try flashing it with STOCK ROM but will it work? helppp please

Chainfire 3D is not compatible with Jelly bean, you can use a similar app for it called GLTools .To unbrick your phone you will need to flash a ROM with Flashtools, or if you have a custom recovery you need flash a ROM in .zip file.

Here are some ROMs for you -- Click Here

And here a video of how to flash a rom for your device -- Click Here
Last edited by ZonaRMR; 21st October 2014 at 04:19 AM.
21st October 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Unhappy
[QUOTE=ZonaRMR;56166538]Chainfire 3D is not compatible with Jelly bean, you can use a similar app for it called GLTools .To unbrick your phone you will need to flash a ROM with Flashtools, or if you have a custom recovery you need flash a ROM in .zip fILE.

thanks for your reply,i'll try flashing it with STOCK ROM hope it works i'll loook up on GLTools later
Sent from my Lenovo Tablet A8 A5500-HV
21st October 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #4  
Flag Narnia

52 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for your reply,i'll try flashing it with STOCK ROM hope it works i'll loook up on GLTools later
Sent from my Lenovo Tablet A8 A5500-HV

that'll work
The Following User Says Thank You to ZonaRMR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Thanks i hope it will work
29th October 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaRMR

that'll work

windows does not detects my phone as a device and i can't flash the rom. How????? i did according to the video
1.Open SP tool
2.Scatter loading-> choose file->DA with all checksum-> click download->wait to finish and then plug in device
3.windows detects the device as mt56xx preloader and then shows that device unplugged but i didn't unplug the usb cable

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31st October 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #7  
Flag Narnia

52 posts
More
Quote:

windows does not detects my phone as a device and i can't flash the rom. How????? i did according to the video
1.Open SP tool
2.Scatter loading-> choose file->DA with all checksum-> click download->wait to finish and then plug in device
3.windows detects the device as mt56xx preloader and then shows that device unplugged but i didn't unplug the usb cable

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you have installed adb drivers?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread