Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] xperia z3 system restart

OP kiminoir

27th November 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi guys, i have recently bought an xperia z3 with android 4.4.4. Did not tamper or alter roms nor factory settings at all but then the system suddenly rertarts itself (was leaving it on the table). This happened around 5 times and the sony call center told me to use the PC companion program to repair my phone. Did that, system restart happened again so i decided to send my phone to the sony warranty center. They "FIXED" it by clearing my whole system with their factory program and told me that an application was causing it to crash. I enquired the apps that was causing the problem.but they couldnt answer and not a hardware problem. (the apps i use are facebook,line,reddit, skype, dropbox... The basic ones)

I would like to ask.you guys if its possible that an application can cause such an issue on an android phone?

Ps. I am thinking of sending it back to sony to let them diagnose my phone once again.

Thanks in advance
Dasith
2nd December 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiminoir

Hi guys, i have recently bought an xperia z3 with android 4.4.4. Did not tamper or alter roms nor factory settings at all but then the system suddenly rertarts itself (was leaving it on the table). This happened around 5 times and the sony call center told me to use the PC companion program to repair my phone. Did that, system restart happened again so i decided to send my phone to the sony warranty center. They "FIXED" it by clearing my whole system with their factory program and told me that an application was causing it to crash. I enquired the apps that was causing the problem.but they couldnt answer and not a hardware problem. (the apps i use are facebook,line,reddit, skype, dropbox... The basic ones)

I would like to ask.you guys if its possible that an application can cause such an issue on an android phone?

Ps. I am thinking of sending it back to sony to let them diagnose my phone once again.

Thanks in advance

A software fault can definitely make your phone crash and restart. If your phone works fine after they fixed it by factory resetting, it confirms that it's a software problem. Anyway if you are still facing the same problem, it's good to let them diagnose your phone just to be on the safe side.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread