No registration required

[Q] Weird Problem with Israel Timezone in CM11

OP sagie

19th October 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000), running cm-11-20141005-NIGHTLY-n7000 (KitKat 4.4.4), with pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140930.
OS is set to use Dalvik runtime. Time zone database was updated to the latest version (2014f) using the "TimeZone Fixer" app.
I have set a Israeli timezone, which is a GMT+2 standard time zone, but DST is in effect till 26/10/14, so these days the effective timezone is GMT+3.
I'm experiencing a weird problem with the time indications of some apps.
The clock on the status bar shows the correct time, as well as the clock & weather widget I have on my home screen (widget is part of the "Beautiful Widgets" pack).
However, some apps are incorrectly showing GMT+2 timestamps. Some apps that I noticed were exhibiting the problem: WhatsApp, Google Now, Google Calendar, Hangouts. For example, when I send a message in WhatsApp, the message is immediately shown in the log with a -1 hour timestamp.
Changing the timezone to another one, e.g. Helsinki (Eastern European Summer Time), which is also DST at the moment, fixes the problem. So apparently there is some funny business going on with Israel timezone.
I have already turned off "automatic network provided time" and "automatic time zone" when the problem became apparent to me, but it seems that this had no effect on the problem.

I can work around the problem by maintaining the EEST timezone, but it is obvious to me that it is only a workaround, and that there is some problem here.

Any advices? Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
23rd October 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
The problem occurs in stock 4.4 firmware too. I haven't seen any solution other than the Athens timezone workaround. If the problem is common to all timestamps in apps, I would suspect an Android issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread