No registration required

[Q] Whatsapp bug. Please help.

OP The-CROW

22nd July 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hello All,
Ever since the last update a couple of days ago Whatsapp has a new bug on my phone (SG S5), the phone will vibrate on all messages even when global phone setting is set to no vibrate. I read many users are having the same issue.
Beside waiting for them to fix this, my only solution is to downgrade Whatsapp. Can I downgrade it without being removed from the groups I'm in and I have created?
Any other solution?
Thank you kindly.
22nd July 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-CROW

Hello All,
Ever since the last update a couple of days ago Whatsapp has a new bug on my phone (SG S5), the phone will vibrate on all messages even when global phone setting is set to no vibrate. I read many users are having the same issue.
Beside waiting for them to fix this, my only solution is to downgrade Whatsapp. Can I downgrade it without being removed from the groups I'm in and I have created?
Any other solution?
Thank you kindly.

From my understanding, your issue is that your phone vibrates when you receive messages even though your global settings are set to: "no vibration".
You can do this: Go into WhatsApp settings (the 3 dots in top right corner), then go to Notifications and for Vibrate select Off option on both Message notifications and Group notifications.
22nd July 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Thank you for your reply.
By global sttings i mean my phone ringtone settings. I have my phone to never vibrate on anything but whatsapp still vibrates on incoming messages even when its notification setting is set to "Default".
I already tried what you suggested but when I do it whatsapp will not vibrate when I set my phone on vibrate mode. Everything else will vibrate except Whatsapp. I set my phone to vibrate in my pocket when I'm working.
I have read on google play store that many users started having the problem after the last update.
I can downgrade Whatsapp by uninstalling and reinstalling the previous version via Aptoide but I'm afraid to be removed from the Whatsapp groups I have created and those I'm in.
Thank you kindly.
25th July 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Any idea guys?
25th July 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 77

174 posts
More
Quote: