No registration required

[Q] windows tablet, surface, or laptop?

OP Cheetohz

11th July 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

224 posts
More
So, here's the deal. I manage a number of virtual clients running in hyper-v and each individually connected to non split tunnel VPNs. So I need to connect to the hyper-v system through management tools in windows and administer them using the console interface rather than RDP. All doing this while on the phone.

Currently I do everything LAN side using an analog phone. Which means I am tied to a desk. I want to break away from this constraint and have the ability to be mobile. First, I'll have to figure out how to configure a PBX for call forwarding, and I need to keep the reliability and quality of the analog phone. Most VoIP or cellular providers are out of the question for this. Next I'll have to find a portable system running Windows in order to connect to hyper-v clients. I'll also need a reliable data connection for this these issues are where I need some expert advice.

What device would best suit these needs? Most everything will be via cloud computing through a VPN.

What cellular data provider would work best for this if it even possible? I may just suck down bandwidth in this scenario, I don't know.

Thoughts, opinions, etc?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread