Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,866 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At my wits end...

Tip us?

trent083
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default At my wits end...

Flashed a new ROM on my galaxy s4, works great, get great signal and all...just one problem, cannot watch YouTube or any Facebook/browser based videos, sound comes through but the pictures are half black half grey.

Tried clearing caches and reinstalling ROMs to no avail, and I can't seem to find much on the issue...any ideas?

TechMinerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent083 View Post
Flashed a new ROM on my galaxy s4, works great, get great signal and all...just one problem, cannot watch YouTube or any Facebook/browser based videos, sound comes through but the pictures are half black half grey.

Tried clearing caches and reinstalling ROMs to no avail, and I can't seem to find much on the issue...any ideas?
Sounds like an issue within the ROM, are you using a nightly or a snapshot/stable build. If you're using a nightly I would advise switching to a snapshot/stable build if you want to use it as your daily driver as nightlys are unpredictable

ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Snapshots
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"