FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] [WORST CASE SCENARIO] I need HELP PLZ just PLZ CLICK THIS :(((

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys
I need serious help here
This is my scenario: Day1:
I heard about this flashing custom roms so i thought it would be cool trying it with my phone. So i successfully did flash some roms and had recover many times after bootloop bcuz of nandroid.
But this time its different i try to install xposed installer and was currently using a custom rom. So i got bootlooped again but i wasn't worried cuz i have the powerful nandroid backup . So i restored my stock rom blah3x and it says successful then i reboot my phone . But the logo didnt show up so i tried to go to recovery again AND suddenly it just go back to this useless stock recovery HUHUHU idont even know why they make this useless ---- errr..

Day 2:
And this day i found this Sp flash tool blah3x . And as what i learned i need a full backup rom and obviously i don't have it and theres no link for it bcuz its very unknown and unsupported device. But luckily i got the scatter file bcuz, before i was using MDK Droid tools to do things that i dont even know how to . So i tried to flash just the recovery . The one i flashed is the TWRP that i've been using for flashing rom and it was stuck in red bar so i unplugged the cable and reboot to recovery but its still the same. And then i was pissed off , so i click the format all + download and i think i saw a text that shows it was success ful( I DID THAT BCUZ I DIDN'T EXPECT IT WILL HAPPEN). After that i cant reboot to recovery and the phone all i have now is this white light when i plug the phone to pc with/without battery. Its hard-bricked right? am i right?

But i think i have some advantage,
-Im still under warranty
-And i formatted everything in my phone as you can see in Day 2 scenario, so that means that they cant know that im rooted right? am i right?

My QUESTION IS WILL THE COMPANY'S WARRANTY SERVICE REPAIR MY PHONE? WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING I HAVE DONE??
Note I'M SCARED IF THEY'LL SUE ME FOR LYING ABOUT IT

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH AND NOT UNDERSTANDABLE AND A VERY LONG ONE STORY
NOTE: IM USING ALCATEL POP C7
Last edited by xmak17(AlcatelPopC7); 8th May 2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Editing my bad english xD

8th May 2015, 05:09 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
Please someone reply it instantly bcuz i have 3 weeks remaining for my warranty to be gone
8th May 2015, 05:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,189

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmak17(AlcatelPopC7)

My QUESTION IS WILL THE COMPANY'S WARRANTY SERVICE REPAIR MY PHONE? WITHOUT KNOWING ANYTHING I HAVE DONE??

Maybe it depends. They might be able to know you did tamper with the phone.
Quote:

Note I'M SCARED IF THEY'LL SUE ME FOR LYING ABOUT IT

Seriously? Worst case scenario they'll void your warranty and ask you to pay for the repair or they will send you back the phone as is.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2015, 05:35 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

Maybe it depends. They might be able to know you did tamper with the phone.

Seriously? Worst case scenario they'll void your warranty and ask you to pay for the repair or they will send you back the phone as is.

heheheheh xD .. do they usually do that? asking me to pay? if they know that i did something with the phone?

well if it depends , im gonna do it tomorrow, wish me luck
but first thing im gonna do is to make excuse for my dad that its an accident :'( i know its wrong but i need to do it cuz i know hes gonna be mad at me for knowing that im doing stupid things to my phone.
ahmm i'm just curious .. how will they find out that your phone is rooted anyway even if its bricked?? its ok if you won't answer that
Last edited by xmak17(AlcatelPopC7); 8th May 2015 at 05:45 PM.
8th May 2015, 05:40 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
well if it depends , im gonna do it tomorrow, wish me luck
but first thing im gonna do is to make excuse for my dad that its an accident :'( i know its wrong but i need to do it cuz i know hes gonna be mad at me for knowing that im doing stupid things to my phone.
ahmm i'm just curious .. how will they find out that your phone is rooted anyway even if its bricked?? its ok if you won't answer that
Last edited by xmak17(AlcatelPopC7); 8th May 2015 at 05:44 PM.
8th May 2015, 05:44 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2,189

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

heheheheh xD .. do they usually do that? asking me to pay? if they know that i did something with the phone?

I don't know anything about this company's policies but in general, if your phone is bricked because you did something wrong and they can prove it, they will probably not repair it under warranty but most likely ask you to pay for the repair or they will send you back the device as is if you don't pay.

Its the same for most OEMs. If something broke under warranty, they will repair at no cost. If it break because you did something that void your warranty, they'll ask you to pay for the repair, if they can prove it (e.g. If the phone can't power on, then they can't prove anything, if the phone does power on and they can see you have flashed stuff, then they'll most likely charge you for the repair.)
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2015, 05:50 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

I don't know anything about this company's policies but in general, if your phone is bricked because you did something wrong and they can prove it, they will probably not repair it under warranty but most likely ask you to pay for the repair or they will send you back the device as is if you don't pay.

Its the same for most OEMs. If something broke under warranty, they will repair at no cost. If it break because you did something that void your warranty, they'll ask you to pay for the repair, if they can prove it (e.g. If the phone can't power on, then they can't prove anything, if the phone does power on and they can see you have flashed stuff, then they'll most likely charge you for the repair.)

as what you said if they cant power on they cant prove anything .. and basically my phone cant power on so they can know right?? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .. So ill just make excuse to them that I dropped my phone and it cant power on again stuff like that so they will replace some hardware parts right?
BTW heres that they dont cover :
The Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included or downloaded in the product, whether included during installment, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by the end user.

In addition the Limited Warranty does not cover:
Normal wear and tear.
Product's serial number, the mobile accessory date code or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be excluded from the warranty.
Defects or damage caused by misuse of the product. Including not following the instructions for use or installation
Malfunctions caused by external causes (e.g., radio interference from other equipment, power voltage fluctuations).
Defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Alcatel or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
Defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
Faulty connections resulting from unsatisfactory radio transmission or caused by the absence of radio relay coverage;
If the Product has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an authorized service center, if it is repaired using unauthorized spare parts.
If the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
8th May 2015, 06:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:

as what you said if they cant power on they cant prove anything .. and basically my phone cant power on so they can know right?? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS .. So ill just make excuse to them that I dropped my phone and it cant power on again stuff like that so they will replace some hardware parts right?
BTW heres that they dont cover :
The Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included or downloaded in the product, whether included during installment, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by the end user.

In addition the Limited Warranty does not cover:
Normal wear and tear.
Product's serial number, the mobile accessory date code or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be excluded from the warranty.
Defects or damage caused by misuse of the product. Including not following the instructions for use or installation
Malfunctions caused by external causes (e.g., radio interference from other equipment, power voltage fluctuations).
Defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Alcatel or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
Defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
Faulty connections resulting from unsatisfactory radio transmission or caused by the absence of radio relay coverage;
If the Product has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an authorized service center, if it is repaired using unauthorized spare parts.
If the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.

If it's dead and you want to make sure it really doesn't boot up you could always format it with a very strong magnet. No physical traces and every chip in your phone will be blank.. But it's also irreversible. But it could also fall under rule number 3..
8th May 2015, 06:14 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier V

If it's dead and you want to make sure it really doesn't boot up you could always format it with a very strong magnet. No physical traces and every chip in your phone will be blank.. But it's also irreversible. But it could also fall under rule number 3..

well i believe that my phone is actually dead and cant boot up except the light turns on when you plug it to the wall ... so will they not find out?? what do you think sir?
8th May 2015, 06:29 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I say you should just send it off now

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Dudmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2015, 06:34 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Cebu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudmaster

I say you should just send it off now

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA Free mobile app

you think?? ok i will try tomorrow morning .. i dont think they will charge me even if they find out.. its not like samsung brand phones right?? ok thanks everyone ill update if this case will be solved XD

and ahmm also can you/anyone give me a good excuse to cover the whole thing up??

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread