Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What could go wrong? (Custom ROMs)

OP poch98

7th July 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
My device has no ROMs out there, it is the GT-S7562L, there's ROMs for the GT-S7562 (even some people here in XDA are developing CM11 for this phone, but not mine :P) but not mine for some reason, their only difference is the network frequencies. What could go wrong if i flashed a ROM for the S7562? Could my phone get bricked? Would something go wring with the network, and if so, does it have a solution? If something DOES go wrong, is it simply solved by restoring a previous backup? Thanks a lot!
7th July 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by poch98

My device has no ROMs out there, it is the GT-S7562L, there's ROMs for the GT-S7562 (even some people here in XDA are developing CM11 for this phone, but not mine :P) but not mine for some reason, their only difference is the network frequencies. What could go wrong if i flashed a ROM for the S7562? Could my phone get bricked? Would something go wring with the network, and if so, does it have a solution? If something DOES go wrong, is it simply solved by restoring a previous backup? Thanks a lot!

Okk .
First of all try not to flash other models rom on your device.
If you are lucky it will only softbrick, bootloop or such.
If by chance you are unlucky dont blame xda.
Hardbrick might cause you a great problem.
Sometime some problems cannot be solved even after restoration of your old files.

Further I wont stop you, just want you not to get trouble.

Instead just try to root your phone.
Install xposed framework on your stock rom & modify it as per your convince using different combinations of xposed modules.

Thankyou,
Zeuscluts

Hit thanks if I helped you.
7th July 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 44

235 posts
More
The worst that could happen is bootloop, again I am not sure, but I have flashed a rom for the y210-0151 when my model is the y210-0100. Try porting it to ur device
7th July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuscluts

Okk .
First of all try not to flash other models rom on your device.
If you are lucky it will only softbrick, bootloop or such.
If by chance you are unlucky dont blame xda.
Hardbrick might cause you a great problem.
Sometime some problems cannot be solved even after restoration of your old files.

Further I wont stop you, just want you not to get trouble.

Instead just try to root your phone.
Install xposed framework on your stock rom & modify it as per your convince using different combinations of xposed modules.

Thankyou,
Zeuscluts

Hit thanks if I helped you.

Thanks for responding. I'll try it out
7th July 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #5  
Quote:

Thanks for responding. I'll try it out

If you need anyhelp.
Just mention me.

Hit Thanks if I helped you .
8th July 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KkdGab

The worst that could happen is bootloop, again I am not sure, but I have flashed a rom for the y210-0151 when my model is the y210-0100. Try porting it to ur device

How do you port a ROM (yes, I know little to nothing about technical stuff in phones). Also, what was the difference between the y210-0151 and the y210-0100, was it also the network frequencies?
12th July 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #7  
Quote:

How do you port a ROM (yes, I know little to nothing about technical stuff in phones). Also, what was the difference between the y210-0151 and the y210-0100, was it also the network frequencies?

Like there are many tutorials for ut.
All you need to make some precautions while porting.

As for the network frequencies you saying try not to sway modems of the host you porting rom to your device also be precauted with kernel it bootloop, sometime hard brick also.

Regards,
Zeuscluts- Gfxbandits

Hit Thanks Button If I Helped you anyhow!![emoji6][emoji6]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread