Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] XDA app - unable to log in

OP Zaitzev

20th August 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Fagernes
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
I installed the XDA Developers app from Google Play, registered on this website using the Google+ account, then went into the profile to set a password. However, I am unable to login through the app. Logging in on the website using the password I set works just fine.

Am I doing it wrong? There aren't any options in the login other than username and password, which as I said, does not work in the app. I get an error stating I have used X out of 5 login attempts, that is all.

P.S: I am a brand new Android user (as of last Friday) and your guide/video to root my Xperia Z2 is what prompted me to register here.
21st August 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Fagernes

4 posts
More
Bump, this is still not working
21st August 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 574

4,418 posts
More
Hey @Zaitzev
Do you have tried to write your username "Zaitzev" with a capital letter like "Zaitzev" instead of "zaitzev" .
21st August 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Fagernes

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed

Hey @Zaitzev
Do you have tried to write your username "Zaitzev" with a capital letter like "Zaitzev" instead of "zaitzev" .

Yes I have, both lower- and uppercase, there is no possible way to login through the app as of now.
21st August 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 574

4,418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitzev

Yes I have, both lower- and uppercase, there is no possible way to login through the app as of now.

U should contact @Archer about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Fagernes

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed

U should contact @Archer about this.

Actually, I had an idea and went for it: I had a 32 random character alphanumeric password, but decided to change it to a 8 character password. It worked. And that is a security concern imo.

Edit: I sent a message to Archer about this issue, we'll see what the outcome of that is. Meanwhile, I'll keep the password short and simple..
Last edited by Zaitzev; 21st August 2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Moar info
21st August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #7  
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 4,097

13,863 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitzev

Actually, I had an idea and went for it: I had a 32 random character alphanumeric password, but decided to change it to a 8 character password. It worked. And that is a security concern imo.

Edit: I sent a message to Archer about this issue, we'll see what the outcome of that is. Meanwhile, I'll keep the password short and simple..

Glad you got it working. I've not seen any message yet though - oh no. I look up and I have a new message now

I shall read it and return.

Edit: I've read and replied, and hopefully that will be some help. I'll leave this thread open so if you do get any relevant info then you can post it here for future generations!
Last edited by Archer; 21st August 2014 at 03:45 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread