Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,204 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XDA app - unable to log in

Tip us?

Zaitzev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] XDA app - unable to log in

I installed the XDA Developers app from Google Play, registered on this website using the Google+ account, then went into the profile to set a password. However, I am unable to login through the app. Logging in on the website using the password I set works just fine.

Am I doing it wrong? There aren't any options in the login other than username and password, which as I said, does not work in the app. I get an error stating I have used X out of 5 login attempts, that is all.

P.S: I am a brand new Android user (as of last Friday) and your guide/video to root my Xperia Z2 is what prompted me to register here.

Zaitzev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bump, this is still not working

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 566
Hey @Zaitzev
Do you have tried to write your username "Zaitzev" with a capital letter like "Zaitzev" instead of "zaitzev" .

Zaitzev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed View Post
Hey @Zaitzev
Do you have tried to write your username "Zaitzev" with a capital letter like "Zaitzev" instead of "zaitzev" .
Yes I have, both lower- and uppercase, there is no possible way to login through the app as of now.

Bink Feed
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitzev View Post
Yes I have, both lower- and uppercase, there is no possible way to login through the app as of now.
U should contact @Archer about this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bink Feed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zaitzev
Old
(Last edited by Zaitzev; 21st August 2014 at 03:21 PM.) Reason: Moar info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Feed View Post
U should contact @Archer about this.
Actually, I had an idea and went for it: I had a 32 random character alphanumeric password, but decided to change it to a 8 character password. It worked. And that is a security concern imo.

Edit: I sent a message to Archer about this issue, we'll see what the outcome of that is. Meanwhile, I'll keep the password short and simple..

Archer
Old
(Last edited by Archer; 21st August 2014 at 03:45 PM.)
Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer - (Un)Recognized Pole Dancer
Thanks Meter 4,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitzev View Post
Actually, I had an idea and went for it: I had a 32 random character alphanumeric password, but decided to change it to a 8 character password. It worked. And that is a security concern imo.

Edit: I sent a message to Archer about this issue, we'll see what the outcome of that is. Meanwhile, I'll keep the password short and simple..
Glad you got it working. I've not seen any message yet though - oh no. I look up and I have a new message now

I shall read it and return.

Edit: I've read and replied, and hopefully that will be some help. I'll leave this thread open so if you do get any relevant info then you can post it here for future generations!
"I live by my own rules, nobody else's, not even my own."
My xda links

New User Guide | XDA Forum Rules | 10 Posts - Why and How? | Admins & Mods | My xda Bookmarks

The Following User Says Thank You to Archer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]