Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z stuck on black screen after sony logo

Tip us?
 
tpranay
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default [Q] Xperia Z stuck on black screen after sony logo

ok,so i am using xperia Z for long time...updated it to official 4.4.2 (kitkat) i wanted to flash PureX audio on it to increase the speaker volume..!! so..i rooted it thorugh towel root app on playstore..!! and confirmed that its rooted through root checker...but was not able to enter custom recovery mode...so i downloaded some app for entering custom recovery and flash purex from sd card...then when i entered recovery mode and installed the purex n rebooted the phone....the phone started restarting from that purple screen on 4.4.2...then again i entered custom recovery and cleared the cache...but it did not helped me....then once again i entered recovery mode...i cleared dalvik cache....factory data...and 2-3 more options were there..and i cleared each and everything...i guess i cleared its OS too..!!...but then when i chose to reboot the device...there was a message saying your device is not rooted..."do u wish to root it"...i chose NO..!! n den it restarted saying no OS installed..!! n now when m trying to restart it...the sony logo comes up...den the black screen..!! i am not able to switch it off..!! until the battery is drained..!! pls help me..!! :'(
 
TechMinerUK
Old
#2  
TechMinerUK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpranay View Post
ok,so i am using xperia Z for long time...updated it to official 4.4.2 (kitkat) i wanted to flash PureX audio on it to increase the speaker volume..!! so..i rooted it thorugh towel root app on playstore..!! and confirmed that its rooted through root checker...but was not able to enter custom recovery mode...so i downloaded some app for entering custom recovery and flash purex from sd card...then when i entered recovery mode and installed the purex n rebooted the phone....the phone started restarting from that purple screen on 4.4.2...then again i entered custom recovery and cleared the cache...but it did not helped me....then once again i entered recovery mode...i cleared dalvik cache....factory data...and 2-3 more options were there..and i cleared each and everything...i guess i cleared its OS too..!!...but then when i chose to reboot the device...there was a message saying your device is not rooted..."do u wish to root it"...i chose NO..!! n den it restarted saying no OS installed..!! n now when m trying to restart it...the sony logo comes up...den the black screen..!! i am not able to switch it off..!! until the battery is drained..!! pls help me..!! :'(
Sounds like you need to restore the stock ROM, just download it and flash using flash tool and your device will work again.

It appears the PureX audio may have corrupted the ROM and has prevent it from loading

Hope I could help

ROM: Stock ROM (De-Odexed)
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"
The Following User Says Thank You to TechMinerUK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tpranay
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default THANKYOU..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMinerUK View Post
Sounds like you need to restore the stock ROM, just download it and flash using flash tool and your device will work again.

It appears the PureX audio may have corrupted the ROM and has prevent it from loading

Hope I could help
thanks....worked like a charm..! thanks again..!! u saved my phone.!!
 
TechMinerUK
Old
#4  
TechMinerUK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 179
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpranay View Post
thanks....worked like a charm..! thanks again..!! u saved my phone.!!
No problem, glad you got your phone working

ROM: Stock ROM (De-Odexed)
Kernel: Stock Kernel

"A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, at XDA the devs are the main chain and our phones are the weak links"
Thread Tools
Display Modes