Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Are the Zgpax S6 and the CL-W211 the same smartwatch?

OP probstc

22nd August 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
I have recently seen an explosion of new Android phone/ smart watches coming to market from China, all with similar specs. I am interested in buying the CL-W211 which just came out. When reviewing the specifications I notice that they are almost exactly the same as the Zgpax S6, and even on one website on one of the pictures of the CL-W211 you see the S6 model number - Are these two watches one and the same?

Also, I find it very odd that both smartwatches seem very close in appearance to the Samsung Galaxy Gear - Could this be a preview of what the Samsung Galaxy Gear Solo is going to look like?

If anyone already owns one, I would love to hear what they think about the device.

If there are any of you who might be interested in this type of Android tech, here are the specifications of the CL-W211:

Android: Android OS v4.04.

GPS: Built in GPS. Support A-GPS, GLONASS

Networks:

Band 2GGSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
Band 3G: WCDMA 850MHz/1900MHz/2100MHz

Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n

Bluetooth Version: 4.0

SIM card: Single SIM Card Single Standby

Memory card: Support 32G

Single Camera: 2.0MP

CPU: MTK6577. CPU Frequency: 1.0GHz (Dual Core)

RAM: 512MB.

ROM: 4GB

Battery Capacity: 700mAh

Standby Time: About 2~3 days

LCD Size: 1.54 inch, 240×240 pixel OGS capacitive screen ( for iPad Mini screen )

Net Weight: 66g (Including battery)

Dimension: 60×43×17mm
24th August 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Looks the same to me.

I received my Zgpax S6 three days ago, pretty satisfied with it so far.
  • Good reception on all radios: about the same as any other android phone I've used, really, which is impressive given the size.
  • Easy to root.
  • Very fast processor, gets out of and back into deep sleep quickly, so good standby life
  • Surprising app compatibility. Stock versions of apps like Soundcloud, Pandora, Kindle, Youtube, Slingbox, and plenty of others reformat themselves to the screen size well, though there are rare issues where you have to be a bit clever. Got Google Voice Search working with a fix from the S5 thread, and others have Google Now launcher working. I'm using ADW launcher with a 4x4 grid.
  • Uses a long-style micro USB (8mm), regular micro USB cables will bump up against the outside of the watch. You can get extras online if you search for "8mm micro usb".
  • Big, but not too big. I have small arms/wrists and it still looks reasonably normal on me.
  • Good speaker/mic, but calls can sound a little quiet. There might be a way to boost this but I haven't looked into it. Media sounds good and loud. Bluetooth audio and calling works very well.
  • Because the processor is so fast, it can blow through the battery quickly if you run something that does a ton of processing and prevents lower power states from being entered for a long time. For instance, you can run pandora or soundcloud for hours and hours without draining the battery too much, and Youtube isn't too bad, but something live like streaming video or radio will make it hot and angry in just a few minutes.
  • The headset/earbuds it comes with (which connects through that extended micro-usb port, there's no 3.5mm jack) is actually pretty well made. It improves FM reception, too, which sounds great on local stations.

All of the software and fixes for the S5 work on the S6, so this thread is still extremely useful:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575556
The Following User Says Thank You to jordanManfrey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanManfrey

Looks the same to me.

• Good reception on all radios: about the same as any other android phone I've used, really, which is impressive given the size.
  • Easy to root.
  • Very fast processor, gets out of and back into deep sleep quickly, so good standby life
  • Surprising app compatibility. Stock versions of apps like Soundcloud, Pandora, Kindle, Youtube, Slingbox, and plenty of others reformat themselves to the screen size well, though there are rare issues where you have to be a bit clever. Got Google Voice Search working with a fix from the S5 thread, and others have Google Now launcher working. I'm using ADW launcher with a 4x4 grid.
  • Uses a long-style micro USB (8mm), regular micro USB cables will bump up against the outside of the watch. You can get extras online if you search for "8mm micro usb".
  • Big, but not too big. I have small arms/wrists and it still looks reasonably normal on me.
  • Good speaker/mic, but calls can sound a little quiet. There might be a way to boost this but I haven't looked into it. Media sounds good and loud. Bluetooth audio and calling works very well.
  • Because the processor is so fast, it can blow through the battery quickly if you run something that does a ton of processing and prevents lower power states from being entered for a long time. For instance, you can run pandora or soundcloud for hours and hours without draining the battery too much, and Youtube isn't too bad, but something live like streaming video or radio will make it hot and angry in just a few minutes.
  • The headset/earbuds it comes with (which connects through that extended micro-usb port, there's no 3.5mm jack) is actually pretty well made. It improves FM reception, too, which sounds great on local stations.

All of the software and fixes for the S5 work on the S6, so this thread is still extremely useful:

Thanks for the reply and preliminary review. I am glad your watch is working so well, and I am excited for the arrival of mine in mid to late September. Thanks also for the link to the tricks/ fixes for the S5, which should come in handy. If I may, two additional questions:

- Is the Play Store preinstalled?
- Can you use it to tether (do you have access to all the Android settings)?

Thanks again for your feedback!
25th August 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by probstc

- Is the Play Store preinstalled?
- Can you use it to tether (do you have access to all the Android settings)?

Yes and yes
25th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanManfrey

Looks the same to me.

• Easy to root.

I also tried root the S6, but I have problem with TWRP, touch screen doesn´t work, in this case I can´t instlall new ROM. How did you solve it? Have you same problem as me?
28th August 2014, 12:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
TWRP and GPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzy1

I also tried root the S6, but I have problem with TWRP, touch screen doesn´t work, in this case I can´t instlall new ROM. How did you solve it? Have you same problem as me?

I have the exact same problem, worse, when I reset it gets stuck on the TWRP screen. I installed the Modified UI and the touch still doesn't work, the buttons don't work either.

My biggest issue is my GPS can't get a lock, it's like plus or minus 3 miles. My EPO won't download, any ideas?

Installed the Windows launcher, I Love it now.
16th September 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
ZGPAX S6 = CL-W211 smartwatch
I just received my ZGPAX S6 today (labelled CL-W211), and here are my first impressions:

Pros:

- Bloatware free, full Android 4.04
- Screen is bright, easy to read and responsive
- Device has decent performance for such modest specifications
- So far all the features tested have work. I still have to test the GPS.
- Speaker quality is excellent

Cons:

- Battery life is terrible, especially if you use many of the phone's features at once
- WiFi reception is very weak
- Build quality is not the best and makes you wonder about durability
- Chinese instructions and power plug were useless and a bit of a joke considering where the device was being shipped to

I think this watch phone has potential, and will serve me well as a proof of concept until more sophisticated models are released.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread