Zte grand x max 2

Search This thread
May 20, 2015
Nope no news yet. Waiting on KingRoot to see if they can root this phone. So far no zte phones are on the list for marshmallow root methods using king root. I want to try systemless root but I need some guidance for this phone.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

TKBoMo

Nov 11, 2012
Northern Colorado
Nope no news yet. Waiting on KingRoot to see if they can root this phone. So far no zte phones are on the list for marshmallow root methods using king root. I want to try systemless root but I need some guidance for this phone.

I'm interested and looking forward to a root method for this phone as well. ZTE Grand X Max 2 Z988

D

Deleted member 5437200

Just bought 2 of these yesterday for my fiance and i. We need to get a dedicated device thread started for this phone and get some dev work going on it. I got paypal donations for people who make it happen

D

Deleted member 5437200

Ive tried everything i can think of to get this phone rooted with no luck. Its up to the professionals

Shaunabeewillis

Aug 3, 2016
Hendersonville
Z988 root

Im also searching for a root method.. Hey, have you had any software issues since you got your max2? Particularly like buggy video playback issues?

Like, whether on facebook, youtube, netflix, chrome, etc. I click to play a video, it loads then automatically glitches to the end, or the video plays with the sound skipping.. Usually have to close video 5-10x (or until i give up) before it actually plays

Last edited:

zazombie

Oct 6, 2010
Anybody willing to try this?

rootoreviews dot com/root-ZTE-Grand-X-Max-2-install-twrp-custom-recovery#
And yeah I have the same problem with my videos

D

Deleted member 5437200

Thats fake, there is no grand x max 2 listed. We wouldnt have an old twrp version for a new phone either. Wish we had some devs for this device. It has major potential

supertwin33

Mar 31, 2013
The max 2 has tons of problems I think. The video glitch skip, phone freezing, screen rotation. The specs are really nice but performance is horrible.

Sent from my Z988 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: DanimalOfReno
D

Deleted member 5437200

Mine has the same video issues. Havent had any freezing though. Blocked notifications in gmail app and in settings/apps to no avail. They still show up when i dont want them. There is an oem unlock option in developer options. Im pretty sure thats one step closer to what we all want. I figured since we had 6.0.1 the phone would be great. It def needs some work and it could be great. I had the idol 3 before this and it quit reading the sim card correctly so i got rid of it. It came with 5.1.1 and it was the same way. Very buggy. But after somebody was nice enough to dev for it, and alcatel released an update in the form of 6.0 it was great. I got this phone hoping somebody would be able to crack it open. It kinda sux as is. How do we get a forum entry for this phone? Should we establish a bounty? I dont relish the thought of a 6 month wait for a proper working phone but ive done it before

Reactions: Shaunabeewillis

RaymondG1

Aug 31, 2016
Actually I don't have any of those problems but I was wondering why the CPU a few of them aren't even working like one two and three aren't even on? And the bootloader I can't get any information on what to do with that? I'd appreciate some information if you can let me have it thank you very much. Thanks for your time!

jaykoerner

Dec 4, 2014

This is the exact same phone minus switching the finger print scanner for a second camera as the zte z max pro, so I was hoping there was something on it, hmm. People seem to be making a bit of head room on the zmax pro,and also it's up to 12000 requests on KingRoot so hopefully both these phones will get rooted soon

Reactions: Shaunabeewillis

jaykoerner

Dec 4, 2014
This is the exact same phone minus switching the finger print scanner for a second camera as the zte z max pro, so I was hoping there was something on it, hmm. People seem to be making a bit of head room on the zmax pro,and also it's up to 12000 requests on KingRoot so hopefully both these phones will get rooted soon

We are makeing headway on the zte zmax pro, we seem to have got everything we need to flash imgs, but no one overthere knows what to do with it, the info will likely help the grand x max 2 community so of anyone knows how to cook up images for recovery without the ability to pull the stock recovery it would be helpful. Look and see if you can get to edl via "adb reboot edl" , http://androidforums.com/threads/zte-zmax-pro-z981-root-discussion.1055354/ look at the last 4 pages.

R0thchi1d

Sep 6, 2016
Need root for this phone.

It would be really great if someone could figure out root for this phone. By the way I was having issues with video as well. But only after I had tried rooting. I did a factory reset and the video issues stopped. Tried to root with a different method and video problems came back. Factory reset after video issues restarted, the factory reset fixed the video issues. So if you are having video issues try the factory reset. It worked for me. Not had any issue with playback since.

Last edited:

Shaunabeewillis

Aug 3, 2016
Hendersonville
It would be really great if someone could figure out root for this phone. By the way I was having issues with video as well. But only after I had tried rooting. I did a factory reset and the video issues stopped. Tried to root with a different method and video problems came back. Factory reset after video issues restarted, the factory reset fixed the video issues. So if you are having video issues try the factory reset. It worked for me. Not had any issue with playback since.
Ive tried fac reset a few times, and ive never attempted root but my vids are still ****y

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any root method for cricket zte grand x max 2?

The max 2 has tons of problems I think. The video glitch skip, phone freezing, screen rotation. The specs are really nice but performance is horrible.

Sent from my Z988 using XDA Free mobile app
    D
    Deleted member 5437200
    Mine has the same video issues. Havent had any freezing though. Blocked notifications in gmail app and in settings/apps to no avail. They still show up when i dont want them. There is an oem unlock option in developer options. Im pretty sure thats one step closer to what we all want. I figured since we had 6.0.1 the phone would be great. It def needs some work and it could be great. I had the idol 3 before this and it quit reading the sim card correctly so i got rid of it. It came with 5.1.1 and it was the same way. Very buggy. But after somebody was nice enough to dev for it, and alcatel released an update in the form of 6.0 it was great. I got this phone hoping somebody would be able to crack it open. It kinda sux as is. How do we get a forum entry for this phone? Should we establish a bounty? I dont relish the thought of a 6 month wait for a proper working phone but ive done it before