Firefighter Poll

OP specter07

24th July 2014, 10:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 86

321 posts
More
Hey guys, I'm doing an assignment for class and need a poll done on the following question. Just let me know who you would save, if you want to list why go ahead.

While working as a firefighter you and another firefighter go into a burning building to rescue a baby, you get seperated from your fellow firefighter and come*across a baby. Your fellow firefighter ends up running out of air and you now can only help the baby or your fellow firefighter. Who do you help and why?

Thanks for helping.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
13th October 2014, 09:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by specter07

Hey guys, I'm doing an assignment for class and need a poll done on the following question. Just let me know who you would save, if you want to list why go ahead.

While working as a firefighter you and another firefighter go into a burning building to rescue a baby, you get seperated from your fellow firefighter and come*across a baby. Your fellow firefighter ends up running out of air and you now can only help the baby or your fellow firefighter. Who do you help and why?

Hello, old thread but I want to answer. I'm workin as a volunteer firefighter. I'd say that this is very difficult moral question, that has been on my mind too

I'd go to help my fellow firefighter, because I think that in principle it is bad to lose rescuers - so in the end, who will then be rescuing people if rescuers die in their duty? That's why I'd rescue my fellow firefighter.
Last edited by 3857; 13th October 2014 at 09:03 AM.
13th October 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,047 posts
More
I'd rescue my colleague. In a heartbeat.

As innocent as a baby is, your fellow firefighter is relying you you just as much as you on him/her. You have a duty to watch each other's backs. That's the reason you can keep doing the job, because you keep each other alive. In these cases it's a matter of who is the most valuable. And whether society's moral compass likes it or not, that's the man or woman whose life revolves around saving other people's lives.
15th October 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

12 posts
I'd save the baby. The reason behind the entrance is to save lives. You know the risks of the job when you start.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread