Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I Found A Better Way To Recycle Old Electronics

Tip us?

dadangle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default I Found A Better Way To Recycle Old Electronics

Hey everyone. I've been coming around these parts for a long time now and I truly love the xda community. So I want to share some info I've recently come across while trying to get rid of my old androids and computers. I wrote all about it already at http://makethebestof.weebly.com/how-...when-recycling. I have found that if you take the time and a little effort, you can make a ton of money off of old or broken android phones. plus, your doing your earthly deeds. done.. dirt... cheap... i apologize.. So here I would like to talk about what we all do with our androids that are too far gone to be sold to places like usell or whatever. So what do you guys all do?

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 869
About 60% of my old electronics I give away.

Mostly to my parents when it comes to modern devices (phones, tablets). True, I don't make money off that, but these are the people whose house I live in without having to pay anything. As a result, they're still willing to loan me money for a new device without interest. And it got my dad (who got my S3) to go from 'Smartphones are nonsense, those stupid youths are all obsessed with their phone, even on lunch break, nobody talks anymore!' to him spending 80% of his free time reading on his phone. Bonus!

Anything else that's still useful either finds another home or ends up donated to the Salvation Army.

The rest, I keep. You never know when you may find a use for it, and resell brings you about 5% of the original price here. Not worth it.

I only throw away something if it's completely unfixably dead and I can't find another use for it.

Money has never been of any worth to me other than that I can pay my bills. I'd rather have someone owe me than get a few quid out of it. Much more useful.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
Tags
gold, money, precious metal, recycle, silver