Why the Twitch Buyout is good

OP exekias

1st August 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 112

392 posts
More
Basically I'm of the opinion that the Twitch.TV buyout by Google is a good thing and can't understand the displeasure from others.

I wrote a small essay on my blog explaining why -> here
2nd August 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Auckland City
Thanks Meter: 1,862

2,393 posts
Donate to Me
More
Honestly, I'm with you. I'm a big fan of streaming live videos of my favourite YouTubers. And I think Google is the next big thing to happen.

I think they'll take Twitch.TV to the next level as at this stage Twitch.TV is so big that the company itself cannot moderate it properly.

Google taking over may be a good thing, and it'll probably be merged with YouTube. And that'll be pretty awesome.

And yeah, I don't get why many are disappointed by it. Change is good time to time.
3rd August 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 112

392 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArc

Honestly, I'm with you. I'm a big fan of streaming live videos of my favourite YouTubers. And I think Google is the next big thing to happen.

I think they'll take Twitch.TV to the next level as at this stage Twitch.TV is so big that the company itself cannot moderate it properly.

Google taking over may be a good thing, and it'll probably be merged with YouTube. And that'll be pretty awesome.

And yeah, I don't get why many are disappointed by it. Change is good time to time.

Cheers for that, so many people i know (some friends) just want to hate on Google for no real reason - whilst they sit there using all these other Google services. Do they not make the connection?
8th August 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exekias

Cheers for that, so many people i know (some friends) just want to hate on Google for no real reason - whilst they sit there using all these other Google services. Do they not make the connection?

I know what you mean, people are quick to join the angry crowd that hates Google but they will still happily use their services daily. I think Google have the experience and resources required to take Twitch to the next level.

It would be great to see improvements to the Twitch mobile app and I know I'd be interesting in seeing Twitch for Android TV

Hopefully it will be a good move for both parties.
Last edited by Teleshot; 8th August 2014 at 03:50 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
games, google, sreaming, twitch
Previous Thread Next Thread