Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,667 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why the Twitch Buyout is good

Tip us?

exekias
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Lightbulb Why the Twitch Buyout is good

Basically I'm of the opinion that the Twitch.TV buyout by Google is a good thing and can't understand the displeasure from others.

I wrote a small essay on my blog explaining why -> here

Current Devices
  • Moto X
  • Ouya
  • MS Surface RT 64GB

Editor of http://www.f5.net.nz

TheArc
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,766
Honestly, I'm with you. I'm a big fan of streaming live videos of my favourite YouTubers. And I think Google is the next big thing to happen.

I think they'll take Twitch.TV to the next level as at this stage Twitch.TV is so big that the company itself cannot moderate it properly.

Google taking over may be a good thing, and it'll probably be merged with YouTube. And that'll be pretty awesome.

And yeah, I don't get why many are disappointed by it. Change is good time to time.
iOS7 Kik Messenger | Svelte UI CM11 Theme | Active Launcher

exekias
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArc View Post
Honestly, I'm with you. I'm a big fan of streaming live videos of my favourite YouTubers. And I think Google is the next big thing to happen.

I think they'll take Twitch.TV to the next level as at this stage Twitch.TV is so big that the company itself cannot moderate it properly.

Google taking over may be a good thing, and it'll probably be merged with YouTube. And that'll be pretty awesome.

And yeah, I don't get why many are disappointed by it. Change is good time to time.
Cheers for that, so many people i know (some friends) just want to hate on Google for no real reason - whilst they sit there using all these other Google services. Do they not make the connection?

Current Devices
  • Moto X
  • Ouya
  • MS Surface RT 64GB

Editor of http://www.f5.net.nz

Teleshot
Old
(Last edited by Teleshot; 8th August 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exekias View Post
Cheers for that, so many people i know (some friends) just want to hate on Google for no real reason - whilst they sit there using all these other Google services. Do they not make the connection?
I know what you mean, people are quick to join the angry crowd that hates Google but they will still happily use their services daily. I think Google have the experience and resources required to take Twitch to the next level.

It would be great to see improvements to the Twitch mobile app and I know I'd be interesting in seeing Twitch for Android TV

Hopefully it will be a good move for both parties.
Tags
games, google, sreaming, twitch