[Android 4.03+] Jit Call Recorder - Record both sides of the call

Search This thread

dreinulldrei

Nov 4, 2015
OnePlus 9 Pro
Noticed two things....

1. Changing Folder creates an issue: older recordings get lost because the path to the recording is hard coded in the database... I manually need to edit the sql database which is uncomfortable.

2. In the sql database there's a table that hints at the fact that the app uses Google Analytics. The app should advertise it's tracking use. I'd also like to know if my call data is recorded or submitted to someone.

andrkac

Sep 30, 2015
Filenames options

Hello,
I've switched to Jit, just because it looks fine, although my previous recorder works well also.
But I didn't realize till now, that I can't see any possibility to change recording file names. Its only date and time signature. I want to have phone number, or better - phone number + contact name. How to handle that?

Rinoceros

Jul 8, 2008
Hello,
I've switched to Jit, just because it looks fine, although my previous recorder works well also.
But I didn't realize till now, that I can't see any possibility to change recording file names. Its only date and time signature. I want to have phone number, or better - phone number + contact name. How to handle that?

It will put those in separate folders with names, if you have the number-name in your addressbook or just in the number if not in your addressbook.

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Noticed two things....

1. Changing Folder creates an issue: older recordings get lost because the path to the recording is hard coded in the database... I manually need to edit the sql database which is uncomfortable.

2. In the sql database there's a table that hints at the fact that the app uses Google Analytics. The app should advertise it's tracking use. I'd also like to know if my call data is recorded or submitted to someone.
Hi,
We only track user actions, no sensitive or personal data is used, nor will such data be ever used

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Hello,
You need the license for that

otraver

Jan 16, 2006
Castelló
Hello
I use the paid app for quite some time on my Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1 (security patch 16/08/05) MOB30Y
Its overall performance is very good but there are some things that do not work properly for me and others things that would like to know if they can do.
I have 6 contacts in the "ignore list" but when I have a incoming/outgoing call from this contacts, the app the application performs recording also...
Currently the app records calls with this format file name DD-MM-SS-MM_HH.amr
Is possible to add at the beginning or end of the file name the number being recorded? Thus, it is easier to export the recordings to the PC and archive/delete them there. Actually I can't know the caller/receiver of the file recorded.
In the app, the contact name is displayed
Sorry for my bad english

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Hello
I use the paid app for quite some time on my Nexus 5 with Android 6.0.1 (security patch 16/08/05) MOB30Y
Its overall performance is very good but there are some things that do not work properly for me and others things that would like to know if they can do.
I have 6 contacts in the "ignore list" but when I have a incoming/outgoing call from this contacts, the app the application performs recording also...
Currently the app records calls with this format file name DD-MM-SS-MM_HH.amr
Is possible to add at the beginning or end of the file name the number being recorded? Thus, it is easier to export the recordings to the PC and archive/delete them there. Actually I can't know the caller/receiver of the file recorded.
In the app, the contact name is displayed
Sorry for my bad english
Hi,
Regarding ignore list, we'll check.
Regarding file format, you can change it in storage options.

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Hey dev. You said that You will check why your buttons dont appear over the custom call screen like ''full screen caller id ''. Passed 3 months and no response.?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N9005 folosind Tapatalk
We checked it, it works fine on our tests. Perhaps you're custom call screen renders itself over our buttons or perhaps you did not allow our app to draw overlays? You can try to delay our buttons by changing synchronization method or even set them to show manually from notification to see if it is indeed the case. For the second option, check it in your device settings.

iffiscb

Jit Call Recorder 2.9.1 (Build 43)

Download from:
Google Play
Developers Dropbox
or download the attached APK directly

Jit Call Recorder is a call recording app which brings 2-way call recording capabilities without compromising on ease of use or user experience.

App highlights:
* Built in 2-way call recording support for many devices (read more details below)
* Built in System Audio Controls Editor (root required, TinyAlsa based) - If your phone does not record both sides of the call, most likely it is where you can enable it - or ask us to enable it for you using a configuration file
* Material design
* Multi-lingual
* In-call floating movable widget to start/pause/resume recordings, and/or take call notes during calls.
* Automatic call recording (with options to refine exactly who to record and who not, different options can be set to outgoing calls and incoming ones - options are: All, Contacts Only, Non Contacts Only and Manual - all with a combination of Selected / Ignored contacts lists)
* Many user interface customization options
* Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
* Take call notes during calls - with or without recording the call
* Recording volume increase options - Try out our Automatic volume increase option, it's cool
* Pin-code protection
* Dropbox support (Google Drive and OneDrive will be added soon)
* Categorize recordings - no limit on categories amount, create as many categories as you need
* Import / Export recordings
* Star important recordings
* Easily find recordings - many filtering options PLUS free-text search
* Delete or snooze recordings directly from the notification bar
* Delete old recordings based on any of the following criterias: age, storage size limit or total recordings count
* Share to any app that supports file/audio sharing
* And many more options

Successful 2-way call recording has been confirmed by many users of our app on many devices.
Some devices come with 2-way call recording enabled without requiring root, others require root.
If your phone is rooted, most chances are that 2-way call recording is already working using Jit Call Recorder, or can be enabled by us (see FAQ section at the end of this post).

Specifically, we can personally confirm (after personally checking) that the following devices can record both sides of the call using Jit Call Recorder:
* Nexus 4/5 (root required)
* Moto G2 (root required)
* HTC One M8 / M9 (Lollipop also supported, no root required)
* Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5/Note 3/Note 4 - including Mini versions of S4 and S5 (no root required except for some specific models, Bluetooth recording on S4 I9500 - and possibly other models - enabled with root)
* LG G2/G3

We are extremely motivated on bringing 2-way call recording capabilities to as many devices as we can, and we are highly responsive, so please use us - if 2-way call recording is not yet working on your device, or if you have any other issue, contact us - we'll do our best to resolve it for you.

FAQ / Troubleshooting:
* I can't hear the other side of the call
If your phone isn't rooted, there is still a small chance that we can enable it for you. For example, HTC One M8 2-way call recording is disabled since Lollipop but can be enabled without root.
If your phone is rooted - send us a debug report. We'll study it and do our best to send you a configuration file that will enable 2-way call recording for you.

* Recording is sometimes out of sync with the call
This is caused sometimes by poorly implemented manufacturer components, if you experience such issues change the phone state synchronization method in Recording Options screen and try again

* Recording volume is not high enough
From Recording Options screen, go to Output File Options screen and select "None" from the encoders list and Manual / Automatic volume increase.
If you select Manual volume increase options, gradually increase volume and gain until you gain satisfying volume.
Alternatively, use the following settings:
In Recording File Options screen (available in Recording Options screen in app settings), set the followings:
* Disable High Quality Recording option
* Select AMR_NB in both Audio Encoder and Output Format options
* If the above still does not help, Set Audio Source to Voice Call (in Recording Options screen)

* There are many Audio Encoders to select from, which one should I choose?
We highly recommend not to use Audio Encoders (leave the selection at "None"). Not all encoders are supported on all devices, and selecing a non supported encoded can cause many errors.
We implement our own AAC/WAV encoding when "None" is selected, and we highly recommend using it

* Which Audio Source should I choose?
Stick with "Device Default". if you select "Microphone", most chances are that you won't hear the other side. If you select "Voice Call", it is not unlikely that recordings will fail because of poor implementation by the manufacturer.

* Will you support other cloud-backup services besides Dropbox?
Yes, support for Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive is planned for soon to come versions

* I purchase the license app but app still appear as not-licensed
Follow the steps in this reply to this thread

The app is fully functional without a license with the following exceptions:
* Display limit of 30 recordings - this is only a display limit, you can still record as many calls as you want
* Recordings deletion is disabled
* Recordings are not logically organized in recording folder (once license is applied, all recordings will be organized based on your selection in the Backup and Storage screen)

The license price is as competitive as can be - only ~1$ (depending on current Dollar rates).
If you have Jit Call Notes license - no need for additional license - both app supports both licenses.
Install license from here.

Change log:
Version 2.9.1 (Build 43)
  • Fix for "Unsaved" display-name issue on Marshmallow
Previous Versions:
Version 2.9 (Build 42)
  • Fix for crash on devices with Marshmallow
  • HTC E8 supprt
  • Fix for crash when application starts on old ICS
  • Minor fixes and improvements
Version 2.8 (Build 41)
  • Improved performance
  • Improved Polish translation
Version 2.8 (Build 40)
  • Fixed Htc One M9 distortion issue
  • Added support for more Htc One M8 variants
  • Improved performance
  • Improved Russian translation
Version 2.7 (Build 36)
  • Stability improvements
Version 2.6 (Build 35)
  • HTC One M9 support
  • Fixes and improvements
Version 2.6 (Build 34) - beta
  • Fixed conflict in HTC One M7/8/9 with Shazam / SoundHound when call recording set to manual
Version 2.6 (Build 33) - beta
  • Added support for HTC One M9
Version 2.6 (Build 32)
  • Fix for missing Russian translation in Lollipop
  • Fix for dialing USSD codes causes app notification to stay until next call
Version 2.6 (Build 31)
  • All changes from Build 30
  • Fix for volume increase
  • Support for Samsung SGH-M919
  • Fixes
Version 2.6 (Build 30) - beta
  • Fix HTC One M8 issue with camera voice recording after call recording
  • Option to filter by groups when setting recording list and ignore list
  • Bug fixes
Version 2.6 (Build 29)
  • ALSA reorganized
  • Option to increase volume up to 1000% (was 200% before)
  • Automatically change recording settings if recording quality is not good enough according to the user
  • Added Nexus 4 Bluetooth recording support
  • Improved Nexus 5 Bluetooth recording
  • Recordings naming improved
  • Bug fixes
Version 2.4 (Build 26)
  • Fixes for issues caused by conflicts with some Xposed modes
Version 2.4 (Build 25)
  • Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
  • Htc One M7 (without root) improvements - Use one of the Volume Increase options in Recording File Options screen
  • Fixes and improvements
Beta version 2.4 (Build 24)
  • HTC One M8 incoming call issue fix (Thanks to snebojsa for his help)
  • HTC One M7 2-way call recording (No root required) - feedback would help a lot
  • HTC Noise Suppression support
Enjoy :)
Not properly working on Samsung j5, only my side of voice is being recorded, also smart manager pops up notification that this app is slowing down system. Also it stops working randomly, phone is not rooted

pixeltech.dev

Jan 22, 2012
Not properly working on Samsung j5, only my side of voice is being recorded, also smart manager pops up notification that this app is slowing down system. Also it stops working randomly, phone is not rooted
Try different combinations of Audio Encoder, Output format and Audio source. Also, try changing synchronization method.

vazi00say

Dec 1, 2013
mumbai
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.globaleffect.callrecord

Try this Call Recorder.
Works on al most all of the Android versions.
Lots of options.
Includes important Call Recording safety folder.
Call filters and specific search options.
Define usage space options.
can Save recordings on Sd/ Extsd or Internal Sd or Phone memory too.
File format options includes 3gp mp4 amr mp3 with sampling options also.
Multiple audio source options.
Crystal clear recording.
Option to hide recordings from general Audio/Video players.
Recording filter.

And above all paid version for free for a limited period *** applies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160823-062747.png
    Screenshot_20160823-062747.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20160823-062740.png
    Screenshot_20160823-062740.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20160823-062725.png
    Screenshot_20160823-062725.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 54

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
I have another app which is working in Moto X Play but the only flaw is that no app records the calls in Moto X Play when headphones are connected!

So, If I root my phone, will I be able to record calls with headphones connected, through your this app? Has it been checked on rooted moto x play?
Does anyone have this app working successfully on a rooted Galaxy S4 running a non-touchwiz ROM? I use Bluetooth most of the time and I can get the app to clearly record my voice but it does not record the other person's voice. I'd really appreciate some assistance. Btw, I love the notepad option. That is extremely useful and I have not seen in other call recording apps. Nice! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jit Call Recorder 2.9.1 (Build 43)

Download from:
    Google Play
    Developers Dropbox

Jit Call Recorder is a call recording app which brings 2-way call recording capabilities without compromising on ease of use or user experience.

App highlights:
    * Built in 2-way call recording support for many devices (read more details below)
    * Built in System Audio Controls Editor (root required, TinyAlsa based) - If your phone does not record both sides of the call, most likely it is where you can enable it - or ask us to enable it for you using a configuration file
    * Material design
    * Multi-lingual
    * In-call floating movable widget to start/pause/resume recordings, and/or take call notes during calls.
    * Automatic call recording (with options to refine exactly who to record and who not, different options can be set to outgoing calls and incoming ones - options are: All, Contacts Only, Non Contacts Only and Manual - all with a combination of Selected / Ignored contacts lists)
    * Many user interface customization options
    * Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
    * Take call notes during calls - with or without recording the call
    * Recording volume increase options - Try out our Automatic volume increase option, it's cool
    * Pin-code protection
    * Dropbox support (Google Drive and OneDrive will be added soon)
    * Categorize recordings - no limit on categories amount, create as many categories as you need
    * Import / Export recordings
    * Star important recordings
    * Easily find recordings - many filtering options PLUS free-text search
    * Delete or snooze recordings directly from the notification bar
    * Delete old recordings based on any of the following criterias: age, storage size limit or total recordings count
    * Share to any app that supports file/audio sharing
    * And many more options

Successful 2-way call recording has been confirmed by many users of our app on many devices.
    Some devices come with 2-way call recording enabled without requiring root, others require root.
    If your phone is rooted, most chances are that 2-way call recording is already working using Jit Call Recorder, or can be enabled by us (see FAQ section at the end of this post).

Specifically, we can personally confirm (after personally checking) that the following devices can record both sides of the call using Jit Call Recorder:
    * Nexus 4/5 (root required)
    * Moto G2 (root required)
    * HTC One M8 / M9 (Lollipop also supported, no root required)
    * Samsung Galaxy S2/S3/S4/S5/Note 3/Note 4 - including Mini versions of S4 and S5 (no root required except for some specific models, Bluetooth recording on S4 I9500 - and possibly other models - enabled with root)
    * LG G2/G3

We are extremely motivated on bringing 2-way call recording capabilities to as many devices as we can, and we are highly responsive, so please use us - if 2-way call recording is not yet working on your device, or if you have any other issue, contact us - we'll do our best to resolve it for you.

FAQ / Troubleshooting:
    * I can't hear the other side of the call
    If your phone isn't rooted, there is still a small chance that we can enable it for you. For example, HTC One M8 2-way call recording is disabled since Lollipop but can be enabled without root.
    If your phone is rooted - send us a debug report. We'll study it and do our best to send you a configuration file that will enable 2-way call recording for you.

* Recording is sometimes out of sync with the call
    This is caused sometimes by poorly implemented manufacturer components, if you experience such issues change the phone state synchronization method in Recording Options screen and try again

* Recording volume is not high enough
    From Recording Options screen, go to Output File Options screen and select "None" from the encoders list and Manual / Automatic volume increase.
    If you select Manual volume increase options, gradually increase volume and gain until you gain satisfying volume.
    Alternatively, use the following settings:
    In Recording File Options screen (available in Recording Options screen in app settings), set the followings:
    * Disable High Quality Recording option
    * Select AMR_NB in both Audio Encoder and Output Format options
    * If the above still does not help, Set Audio Source to Voice Call (in Recording Options screen)

* There are many Audio Encoders to select from, which one should I choose?
    We highly recommend not to use Audio Encoders (leave the selection at "None"). Not all encoders are supported on all devices, and selecing a non supported encoded can cause many errors.
    We implement our own AAC/WAV encoding when "None" is selected, and we highly recommend using it

* Which Audio Source should I choose?
    Stick with "Device Default". if you select "Microphone", most chances are that you won't hear the other side. If you select "Voice Call", it is not unlikely that recordings will fail because of poor implementation by the manufacturer.

* Will you support other cloud-backup services besides Dropbox?
    Yes, support for Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive is planned for soon to come versions

* I purchase the license app but app still appear as not-licensed
    Follow the steps in this reply to this thread

The app is fully functional without a license with the following exceptions:
    * Display limit of 30 recordings - this is only a display limit, you can still record as many calls as you want
    * Recordings deletion is disabled
    * Recordings are not logically organized in recording folder (once license is applied, all recordings will be organized based on your selection in the Backup and Storage screen)

The license price is as competitive as can be - only ~1$ (depending on current Dollar rates).
    If you have Jit Call Notes license - no need for additional license - both app supports both licenses.
    Install license from here.

Change log:
    Version 2.9.1 (Build 43)
    • Fix for "Unsaved" display-name issue on Marshmallow
    Previous Versions:
    Version 2.9 (Build 42)
    • Fix for crash on devices with Marshmallow
    • HTC E8 supprt
    • Fix for crash when application starts on old ICS
    • Minor fixes and improvements
    Version 2.8 (Build 41)
    • Improved performance
    Version 2.8 (Build 40)
    • Fixed Htc One M9 distortion issue
    • Added support for more Htc One M8 variants
    • Improved performance
    • Improved Russian translation
    Version 2.7 (Build 36)
    • Stability improvements
    Version 2.6 (Build 35)
    • HTC One M9 support
    • Fixes and improvements
    Version 2.6 (Build 34) - beta
    • Fixed conflict in HTC One M7/8/9 with Shazam / SoundHound when call recording set to manual
    Version 2.6 (Build 33) - beta
    • Added support for HTC One M9
    Version 2.6 (Build 32)
    • Fix for missing Russian translation in Lollipop
    • Fix for dialing USSD codes causes app notification to stay until next call
    Version 2.6 (Build 31)
    • All changes from Build 30
    • Fix for volume increase
    • Support for Samsung SGH-M919
    • Fixes
    Version 2.6 (Build 30) - beta
    • Fix HTC One M8 issue with camera voice recording after call recording
    • Option to filter by groups when setting recording list and ignore list
    • Bug fixes
    Version 2.6 (Build 29)
    • ALSA reorganized
    • Option to increase volume up to 1000% (was 200% before)
    • Automatically change recording settings if recording quality is not good enough according to the user
    • Added Nexus 4 Bluetooth recording support
    • Improved Nexus 5 Bluetooth recording
    • Recordings naming improved
    • Bug fixes
    Version 2.4 (Build 26)
    • Fixes for issues caused by conflicts with some Xposed modes
    Version 2.4 (Build 25)
    • Toggle recording playback between speakers and earpiece
    • Htc One M7 (without root) improvements - Use one of the Volume Increase options in Recording File Options screen
    • Fixes and improvements
    Beta version 2.4 (Build 24)
    • HTC One M8 incoming call issue fix (Thanks to snebojsa for his help)
    • HTC One M7 2-way call recording (No root required) - feedback would help a lot
    • HTC Noise Suppression support
    Hi all,
    Version 2.6 (Build 28) - release candidate is now available (from XDA only, attached to this discussion main thread).
    This version brings the following changes:
    * ALSA reorganized
    * Option to increase volume up to 1000% (was 200% before)
    * Automatically change recording settings if recording quality is not good enough according to the user
    * Added Nexus 4 Bluetooth recording support
    * Improved Nexus 5 Bluetooth recording
    * Recordings naming improved
    * Bug fixes

Feedback, comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated along with reports on any issue or bug.
    Thanks!
    Hi all,
    Version 2.8 (Build 41) is available for install.
    Version includes:
    • Improved performance
    Feedback and comments will be highly appreciated!
    Beta version 2.4 (Build 24) APK is available for download (in main post attachments).

Version includes:
    * HTC One M8 incoming call issue fix (Thanks to snebojsa for his help)
    * HTC One M7 2-way call recording (No root required)
    * HTC Noise Suppression support

Feedback on this beta - especially from users with HTC One M7 without root - would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi, Great app, works well on N4 - N5X Rom 5.1
    Purchased the license but the full version wont activate, still cant delete recordings and get message saying so, then directed to Play Store to buy, again!
    Have tried re-installing both but no change, any ideas, suggestions?
    Thanks
    Hi,
    First - thanks for your feedback!
    We experienced some issues related to License validation by Google.
    Please do the following steps:
    * Check if there is an update available for Google Play Services app (Not the store app) and apply if such is available
    * If this does not fix the issue, from System Application Manager check that Google Play Services is not turned of (if it is - turn it on), and delete its cache / saved files
    * If this does not fix the issue, clear Google Play (store app) cache and data and re-accept the license
    * If all the above did not help please send us a Debug Report (from Troubleshooting screen in the application) and we'll help you resolve the issue.

Keep us updated, thanks!