Alcatel Idol 2 6037y, Android L Mod Rom by Duca

Search This thread

Ducatuca

Oct 25, 2012
Belgrade
@xanhellx
Thanks for the nice words! I did my best to make it like this ;)
It's not going to work on 6036A, I'm sure. But you can try to make a port perhaps. Try to find more about it on this forum...
All the best!

lukasrb

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks

I've ported today touch recovery 2.5 thanks to Master Shifu Carliv and yuweng! So owners of Idol 2 if you want to add please just install Mobile Uncle from playstore and put recovery.img in the root of your sdcard. From Mobile Uncle go to Recovery Update and the first one on the list should be recovery.img, just install it and you will have touch recovery on your phone.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oolgnroy0i5aqaf/recovery.img?dl=0
Cheers!

Thanks

Last edited:

lionman011

Oct 19, 2011
Sofia
Really nice work

Hello Duca, I would like to congratulate you for your work. It's AWESOME. I installed your module on my Idol 2 and now it's kicking :good: . I wanted to ask you if there will be a problem if i use Xposed Framework to change some of the things in the mod. Is it safe to use it, or it's not recommended.

Ducatuca

Oct 25, 2012
Belgrade
@Turkey|İstanbul
Please use google translator and translate that forum page. You can find the link for factory backup. You just need to have touch recovery on your phone. Download the package, put it on your phone and go to recovery. Flash it like you would flash your own backup...

Last edited:

Ducatuca

Oct 25, 2012
Belgrade
Hello Duca, I would like to congratulate you for your work. It's AWESOME. I installed your module on my Idol 2 and now it's kicking :good: . I wanted to ask you if there will be a problem if i use Xposed Framework to change some of the things in the mod. Is it safe to use it, or it's not recommended.
Thanks!
I'm glad you like it.
Of course you can use xposed but please don't forget to copy disabler xposed if your phone goes to bootloop. It happened to me like 10 times already :) If the same thing happened to you just flash disabler from recovery...
Only few mods will work on our phone, because we have our framework in custpack not in system/framework folder...SO try it and test the mods...

Reactions: lionman011

lionman011

Oct 19, 2011
Sofia
Thanks!
I'm glad you like it.
Of course you can use xposed but please don't forget to copy disabler xposed if your phone goes to bootloop. It happened to me like 10 times already :) If the same thing happened to you just flash disabler from recovery...
Only few mods will work on our phone, because we have our framework in custpack not in system/framework folder...SO try it and test the mods...

Ok, thanks for the response. I will post some results in the thread tomorrow maybe.

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Thank you! You can always try to flash it on your device. Please make a backup first!
I can't say if it's going to work or not because I have only 6037y.

must have a small change cause on dual sim version we have on settings one more line: dual sim.

so your settings must be edited and added that line..all the rest should be fine.

lukasrb

Sep 1, 2011
Awesome Beats

Hi to all. Did anyone try to install to this rom or stock 4.2.2 any music enhancer like Awesome Beats or Acid audio engine? I tried and every time when i connect headphones and increase volume phone crash and restarts, really cant figure why..... Anyone any idea???

Ducatuca

Oct 25, 2012
Belgrade
Hi to all. Did anyone try to install to this rom or stock 4.2.2 any music enhancer like Awesome Beats or Acid audio engine? I tried and every time when i connect headphones and increase volume phone crash and restarts, really cant figure why..... Anyone any idea???

I've never tried those 2 apps for music. I will try to find them and install. Will let you know is the phone ok or not after connecting the headphones :0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVERSE WITH YOUR PHONE!!! You do it at your own risk !!!

First of all your Idol 2 must be rooted and you must install touch recovery, find it here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55723217&postcount=6

Please make a backup first, before you do anything!!! Just in case...

Link for Android L Mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9v4FSeSYlHcSWQ2dThrM21UTzg/view?usp=sharing

Please download zip from here and extract it. Install Rom Manager and copy the unzipped folder OT_Idol_2_Android_L_by_Duca to sd card clockworkmod / backup / here. Directory OT_Idol_2_Android_L_by_Duca in itself must have: custpack.img, nandroid.md5, system.ext4.tar and system.ext4.tar.a ...

Get into Recovery, go to Wipe Menu - Do Factory Reset, WipeDalvik Cache and Wipe Cache. After that, go to Backup and Restore and the Advance Backup Restore - Advanced Restore and find OT_Idol_2_Android_L_by_Duca, click system and then to custpack, Reboot phone and that's it.

You have Android L Mod on your Idol 2 phone :)

Please let me know if you find some bugs...

If you like what I did for you, please click thanks button!

Preview:
    http://youtu.be/xDWoOZ9d3IE

______Version 2______
    Change Log v2 – November, 3
    new transition animations
    keyboard input and exit animations
    press material circular animations
    some new status bar icons (alarm, vibrate, adb etc)
    new launcher (nova 3.2)
    new gmail v5 (material)
    new calendar v5 (material)
    new playstore v5.0.37 (material)
    sms, mms new look
    btn check on/off new animations
    new switch buttons
    new lollipop system icons
    dark notifications (much better look)
    circle contacts (people)
    new default wallpaper
    new stock browser with full screen option
    deleted some system apps (system update...)
    some other things of course also, but i can't remember :)

Link for download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BweOW5tN4s5NX0tQVVh1NnBVT00/view

Flash it on the same way like version 1...
    Install Google Play Services to get Gmail to work correctly.
    To turn on transition animations please go to Settings->About Phone and click few times on Build Number to become a developer. After that go to Development and put Window animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animation duration scale to 1x!

Enjoy guys!
    I've ported today touch recovery 2.5 thanks to Master Shifu Carliv and yuweng! So owners of Idol 2 if you want to add please just install Mobile Uncle from playstore and put recovery.img in the root of your sdcard. From Mobile Uncle go to Recovery Update and the first one on the list should be recovery.img, just install it and you will have touch recovery on your phone.
    Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oolgnroy0i5aqaf/recovery.img?dl=0
    Cheers!
    you can create a compatible TWRP with the attached software if you want
    I did it already, thanks ;)
    Question

Go here: https://yadi.sk/d/zpN6baTPc8Azg
    You need to download: Прошивка 6037Y 4.2.2 (01003).rar
    It's a stock rom.
    Hopefully I had helped

Hey Duca can i instal this stock with your recovery??? How do u do it?? Thanks:D
    Bricked my phone

Could somebody PLEEEASE upload the stock ROM?

I'm stuck in the restore boot, i cant get past the initial alcatel screen, i cant install any other roms, i'm desperate.

PLEASE!