[Guide] How To Create TWRP from Mediatek Stock Recovery

OP sycoprince

4th September 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Hello guys...

We all know that a custom recovery is far more important thing i rooted phone. But since we're talking about mediatek,its hard to find a suitable recovery.

Now these days,its very easy to create CWM based recovery through Mtkdroidtools. But,CWM is quite a oldschool yo!!

But TWRP is awesome!! Cuz its touch based and far more easy to use...but its so hard to find mediatek TWRP,so this guide will be helpfull i guess!!

~~Requirements~~

1.A computer with Windows 7 32 bit

2.The stock recovery.img[it can be found in your phone's stock rom]

3.TWRP script>>
Download link>> htt p://www .me diafire.com/folder/ca6 n5bb8 ocu87/TWRP_an d_CWMR

Download "Port-TWRP-V2.4.4.0-MT6589.7z" file from that link!!!

Now extract that 7z file and put the folder in your computer's C:// drive.....and put your stock recovery.img in C:// too.

Now open That extracted folder and you'll see a .exe file. Run that file as administration and a command window will appear.

Now it'll ask you to put your recovery.img in C:// and that is already done. So press Enter and follow the next steps. It'll ask you too put your device's chipset,resolution....so enter correctly.

When it is all done, close that Window and you'll see a folder is created called "Ported TWRP" open it and you'll get your newly created TWRP recovery.img. Copy that in your sdcard and flash it via latest Mobile Uncle Tools and voila!! You'll be rebooted to your TWRP custom recovery!!!!!

N.B>> this process is only for mt6577,mt6589 and mt6575.

Hit thanks if you like it.

Quote:

Android Devilzz[root n stuffs]

Last edited by sycoprince; 4th September 2014 at 08:03 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread